This week sees another round of changes from Poll #71, alterations to the new death mechanics and an update on our chat filter.
This week we’ve continued to update the game based on the results of our last content poll. Let’s take a look at what’s changed!
The focus this week has been on The Gauntlet, the crystal-crafting Hunllef-hunting minigame found in the depths of Prifddinas.
Crystal Pickup Messages
The messages that play when receiving crystals in The Gauntlet are now filterable. This does not effect the messaging for getting crystal shards from monster drops.
Crystal Staff Max Hit
All tiers of the Crystal Staff have had their max hit stats increased significantly.
Vials and Cooking
Filling vials and cooking food will now happen in one tick while in The Gauntlet. Additionally, if you have learned the barbarian smashing technique from Alfred Grimhand’s Bar Crawl and it is enabled in the Settings menu, you can automatically smash vials in The Gauntlet as soon as they’re empty.
Gauntlet Map Changes
The inner square of rooms are now less randomised, and will always contain the same basic resources required to move on to the rest of The Gauntlet. Note that this doesn’t apply to the Corrupted Gauntlet.
In addition, demi-bosses are now easier to find in both versions of The Gauntlet. They will now spawn in 6 of the 12 highlighted areas on the map above.
Crystal Armour Resource Changes
We have reduced the number of resources required to upgrade your armour in The Gauntlet, frontloading the bulk of the cost to the early phases of the minigame. Under the new system, the legs and helm each cost one resource of each type to upgrade to Tier 2, and two resources of each type to upgrade to Tier 3. The body costs two resources of each type to upgrade to both Tier 2 and 3, bringing the total cost to just 39 resources.
For more information, see the tables below.
Previous Gauntlet Resource Table. Click the image to expand it.
New Gauntlet Resource Table. Click the image to expand it.
Crystalline Hunllef Attack Style Indicators
The animation changes for the Hunllef. Left is the magic animation, right is the ranged.
The Crystalline Hunllef will now play a new animation and sound effect right before it changes attack style.
Lastly from Poll #71, we've added the Mythical Max Cape for all you fashionscapers out there!
Mythical Max Cape
You can now create a Mythical Max Cape by combining the Mythical Cape and the Max Cape.
Stay tuned for more Poll #71 updates in the coming weeks, including some big changes to the Grotesque Guardians.
We’d like to thank everyone who crossed the veil this week to try out the new death mechanics. Your sacrifice has provided us with some valuable feedback, which we’ve used to make the following changes:
- Toxic items will now allow you to choose how many charge items to use when recharging, instead of always taking them all.
- Various keys are now automatically protected on death, to ensure that players are less likely to lose their items in an area they needed a key to access. Check the ‘Items Kept on Death’ screen to see exactly how your stuff will behave when you die.
- Ava’s Attractor and Accumulator can once again be lost upon PvM death, as their special protection was no longer appropriate.
- The retrieval order for Ultimate Iron players at Zulrah has been adjusted.
- The game's notional values for the Herb Sack and Seed Box have been increased, making them more likely to be protected over other items on death.
- The game's notional value for the Eternal Slayer Ring has been decreased, so that it's a closer match for the Eternal Gem's value.
We’ve also made a number of hotfixes after last week’s update. For full details, see the notes on the Death Blog
As a reminder, the changes to the in-game profanity filter that were discussed in last week’s blog have been implemented.
- The Darkmeyer log-in screen has been removed.
- Divine potion icons are now bigger and match the look of normal potions.
- The animations of certain items used for luring have been disabled on PvP worlds.
- A new set of Adventure Paths has been added for selected new players and will be available after they complete Tutorial Island.
- The Combat Tutor’s dialogue has been improved.
- Fixed an issue where Chambers of Xeric points were not being awarded in certain challenge rooms.
- A new message will appear in your chat history when you pay a gardener to protect your crops. This message is filterable.
- The Mining Guild gloves will now protect you from belladonna damage, despite having no stats.
- The instance limit for all floors in the Hallowed Sepulchre has been increased from 10 to 15 players.
- The animation for fixing the bridge in the Hallowed Sepulchre will now show the same hammer you are using.
- The Hallowed Ring, Hammer and Symbol are now correctly labelled as members’ items.
- The descriptions of the Hallowed Focus and Hammer have been updated to better reflect their new effects in the Hallowed Sepulchre.
- The North Path fire trap on Floor 4 of the Hallowed Sepulchre will now have a slightly different pattern for its first two rotations, to make it easier to figure out the current position in the cycle.
- The Agility XP gained from treasure encounters on Floor 5 of the Hallowed Sepulchre has been reduced from 100XP to 80XP.
- Fixed grammar issues in a message in the Volcanic Mine.
- The monkeys have gotten a bit boisterous, causing a tree in Karamja to topple.
- Crowded fights will no longer cause The Nightmare’s broadcast messages to be truncated.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Arcane, Archie, Ash, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Bruno, Curse, Deagle, Ed, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gayns, Gee, Halo, Husky, Impact, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Kieren, Lenny, Lottie, Lyric, Maylea, MikeD, Nasty, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, Weath & West
The Old School Team