While there are some wizards who wish it could be Christmas every day, Sedridor isnít one of them. Heís been tasked with organising this yearís Wizardsí Christmas Banquet: an annual gathering of RuneScape magic-users usually hosted by the Magic Guild.
Not to be outdone, Sedridor and the tower wizards have an ambitious plan to create an extra-dimensional tower dedicated solely to seasonal cheer. Itís been an administrative nightmare, though: the imps, conjured to act as waiters, are missing; animated decorations are running amok; and the eccentric goblin and troll chef duo are taking a scarily explosive approach to Christmas catering.
Lend a helping hand to decorate the tower, organise the staff and whip up a feast to challenge even the most rotund of robed bellies. As well as a chance to meet plenty of old friends from the wizarding world, thereís also a new emote to be unlocked, a wand to spread festive goodwill to other players, and a tinsel snake pet for members. Youíll also unlock a minigame, only available over the Christmas period, where you can pit parties of battle-ready snowmen against each-other in stone-cold thaumaturgical throw-downs!
To start A Towering Feast:
Speak to Wizard Sinterklaas, outside of the Wizardsí Tower, south of Draynor Village.
- There are no level requirements, and the event may be completed by both members and free players.
- Members will receive a tinsel snake pet, in addition to the other rewards.
In Other News...
- It seems that some of the frosty creations from the Wizardsí Christmas Banquet have escaped and are roaming through the world of Gielinor. Lend the wizards a further helping hand by bringing these unruly creations under control! They may appear anywhere, at any time, so keep an eye out; they may also have some snowy surprises hidden on them!
- Miners will notice some extra sheen on rocks containing ore. As well as being a shiny visual improvement in itself, this will make it easier to spot rocks that are ready to be mined.
- Donít forget: During the period of 25th of December to the 5th of January youíll receive 500 bonus loyalty points for each day you log in!
- Nex has had the following changes made, in line with player feedback:
- Nex no longer attacks while performing a "siphon" attack.
- The landslide loses its "climb down" option after you have descended.
- The spirit cape's message about cheaper Summoning specials has been added to the spam filter.
- The click area on Nex has been doubled.