We’re taking the Journey to Iaia with a look at the new Yak Track, plus we've got exciting boardgame updates!
Yak Track: Journey to Iaia
Rewards include the first ever combat ability cosmetic override!
Our latest Yak Track brings incredible cosmetics themed around Iaia, the Iljuankan planet that features in Elder God Wars: Extinction!
This Yak Track introduces a number of brand new rewards, including our first ever combat ability cosmetic override and a Transmog Ring! You can also score stunning cosmetics themed around Iaia, including new pets, weapon overrides and more.
Skill and Kill tasks for all 50 levels make a return, allowing you to earn your way through the Yak Track with your regular activities. Focus on the main tasks to power through, or make steady progress as you work towards your other goals.
Those with Premier Membership or the Premier Pass can also earn up to 20% Bonus XP for the duration of the track!
Yak Track: Journey to Iaia runs until July 24th, so you get two whole months to complete your tasks! Upgrade from the Free Track for just 2 Bonds or get the Premier Track included with Premier Membership.
RuneScape Boardgame Trailer and Kickstarter launch
Steamforged’s Kickstarter goes live tomorrow!
Tomorrow at 18:00 BST, Steamforged will unfurl the map of Asgarnia and Misthalin on the tabletop before your very eyes in their Kickstarter for RuneScape Kingdoms: Shadow of Elvarg!
Their Kickstarter is live for just 10 days, so follow now to be notified the moment it launches, grab exclusives and take part in an open world Kickstarter adventure from day one, unlocking exclusive cards with your votes!
Want more details? Read all the Steamforged blogs as they take you on a Tutorial Island-style tour of gameplay!
Want to see the game in action? Check out this playthrough with Mods Spear and Lenny! Some of the RuneScape content creators have also given it a whirl – Zilandraa says his excitement level for the game is at a 9 after his playthrough with Steamforged - so that's pretty sweet!
Want to get hyped with other 'Scapers and talk to the Steamforged devs? Join the dedicated tabletop group over on Facebook!
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday June 1st | 16:00 Game Time | Live from Jagex with The RS Guy
The RS Guy is here with us at Jagex this week, and will be hopping on stream with some J-Mod guests!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Fixed an issue where clicking on Jaws of the Abyss in the Slayer Log pointed to the Abyssal Scourge.
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip for Jaws of the Abyss.
- The grace period on the 'To Dream, Perchance to Keep' post-quest achievement for Extinction has been amended so that it finishes correctly on July 4th.
- Players who Surge to Moia towards the end of Extinction are no longer blocked from continuing the quest.
- Users on all platforms can now toggle visibility of unavailable Spellbook spells consistently.
- The player can no longer activate an unowned hairstyle by previewing it and activating a different, owned hairstyle through the Options menu.
- New accounts stuck on the roof of Burthorpe Castle should now continue to the Burthorpe transition cutscene. No ladder required!
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds and graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus more of our technical development and testing on platforms used by the majority of our current players.
For more information and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
An assortment of awesome art from our lovely community!
@Legend_Arts is back with another beautiful illustration of a White Knight Champion. Glorious!
This adorable character card created by @Sir Spriggan in their beautiful Paper Mario style is just one of many outstanding images they've crafted!
@Wisperer has created this adorable adventurer as a commission, and we are just enamored with it!
@RsMarkOne returns with another astounding depiction of Seiryu. Absolutely stunning!
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K and Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday May 30th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y and Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday June 1st, 12:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday June 4th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!