This week’s update includes a big new year Ninja Strike, enhancing quality of life throughout the game ready for an action-packed 2022. We’ve also finished Het’s Oasis Restoration, meaning loads of goodies for you diligent desert ‘Scapers!
Ninja Strike: Scattershot
A blast of QoL updates and fixes!
The Ninjas are back for 2022 with their first set of updates – and it’s all about that sweet, sweet quality of life! These Scattershot updates are intended to generally smooth out your experience of the game so you can concentrate on smashing your New Year goals.
This time around, there’s been significant focus on better combat UI, from filters to tooltips. Did you know that an Auto-Retaliate toggle can now be added to the Action Bar?
You’ll also find updates to follower pets, spells and more – check out the Patch Notes section for the full details!
Oasis Restoration Rewards
You did it! Now reap the rewards...
The Community Restoration Progress is complete – Het’s Oasis is a plentiful desert paradise once more!
You folks were on fire with the new boosted rates last week, and your strenuous efforts have unlocked all possible rewards for the community. If you haven't already, you have until Tuesday 18th January at 23:59 Game Time to max out your Personal Progress and gain access to those sweet Oasis goodies.
From Wednesday 19th January at 00:01 Game Time, you'll have just under two weeks (until Monday 31st Jan) to collect your rewards! Remember that you can only claim rewards based on your personal contribution progress.
Even after the temporary event is over, there’s plenty to do in our brand new skilling area, including the Eye Of Het miniquests! All skilling activities are available permanently, so don’t be a stranger to these golden sands…
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday January 19th | 17:00 Game Time | 60 Minute Bank-Over
Confession time: Mod Hooli's Bank is a mess! Really, it's bad. Very bad. Is it time for New Year, New Bank? Whether you're already expertly organised or looking to swot up on some tidying tips, follow along this 60 minute ‘Bank-Over’ and hopefully witness a remarkable transformation!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Combat Item Tooltips
- Added new tooltips and/or examines, or more detail to the tooltips and examines of various combat items. This includes but is not limited to:
- All Luck Rings
- God Books
- Slayer Gems
- Defenders, Reprisers and Rebounders
- Various foods and potions
- Divination Portents and Signs
- Enhanced Excalibur
- Void Knight equipment
- Attuned Crystal weapons
Abilties & Spells
- Locked or otherwise hidden abilities and spells now show in their respective Ability Books, with a lock icon.
- Unlock information is now displayed on the tooltip of the ability or spell.
- Lodestone teleports are now available within the ‘teleports’ section of the Magic Ability Book, below existing teleport spells.
- Using them from the Magic Book will perform a quick or standard teleport, depending on your settings.
- Extra filters have been added to Ability Books, so you can display or hide the following:
- Unavailable abilities or spells
- Locked abilities or spells
- Lodestone teleports
Pets & Familiars
- Ravens have been converted to follower pets on the interface.
- Incubating Raven Eggs will now unlock them in a specific order rather than at random.
- Players who lost a Raven before this update can reclaim it from a Pet Shop owner.
- The original Penguin pets have been converted to follower pets on the Pets interface.
- Incubating Penguin Eggs will unlock these pets in order of grey, brown, and then blue (depending on what you've already unlocked).
- Growth stages can be toggled within the interface.
- Players who lost a Penguin before this update can reclaim it from a Pet Shop owner.
- Players can now speak to a Pet Shop owner to unlock any God Bird, Baby Dragon or Raccoon pet that ran away before their respective interface updates.
- Fixed an issue preventing the Anima Creature, Revenant Pet and Bombi from transferring their current appearance to an already overriden Legendary pet or familiar.
Action Bars & Combat
- The Auto-Retaliate button can now be dragged to the Action Bar.
- On mobile, the Adrenaline Bar itself can also be dragged to the Action Bar.
- Pressing the Auto-Retaliate icon on mobile will now toggle retaliation behaviour.
- On mobile, Cure and Regenerate can now be activated using the Heart icon.
- The Heart icon and Health Bar can now also be dragged to the Action Bar on mobile
- The Summoning and Prayer globes can now be dragged to the Action Bar on mobile.
General QoL & Ninja Bugfixes
- Interacting with Manifested Knowledge while skilling will no longer interrupt the skilling action.
- Added mini Summoning Obelisks to all main Archaeology dig sites, including the Archaeology Campus.
- Replaced an old version of weapon poison drops on various NPCs with the correct version of weapon poison.
- Fixed an issue where ability tooltips would not show correctly if they were currently being affected by the perk effects of a Dinosaur Farm Animal.
- Prevented the ability to set an auto-fire rate for the Kal'gerion Demon Familiar's special attack, as it couldn't actually be auto-fired to begin with.
- The Bones To Bananas and Bones To Peaches spells will now correctly highlight only when the player has suitable Bones in their backpack.
- Scarabs within Het's Oasis will now respawn at a faster rate during Scarab Hunting.
- The scarab stack buff hover text will now correctly state the maximum as five scarabs, if you have the scarab stack increase upgrade unlocked.
- Strange and Golden Rocks will no longer always be given when constructing Flower Baskets and the Water Filtration System.
- The boosts from the Reaper Crew achievement will no longer be applied to players who haven't unlocked it.
- Buckets will now be destroyed when using compost on flower bushes, if 'Destroy empty buckets when farming' is checked on in Settings.
- Following feedback, Dwarf Multicannons can no longer be placed within Het's Oasis.
- The Holy Scarab has been added to the 'And Green' achievement.
- The Animalingual achievement will no longer re-lock upon removing an Amulet from the Cramulet.
- The Animalingual achievement now lists the Amulets required.
- Fixed issue where some players could not access Het's Tomb while in the quest's instance.
- Fixed issue where players would be teleported back to Het's statue if they teleported to either their POH or Port.
- Fixed a stretching issue with Saradomin's chathead that could be seen when speaking to him at the Senntisten Cathedral.
- Zarador no longer appears in Senntisten twice.
- Fixed a couple of typos with Faldi's dialogue.
- Fixed a typo within the Eye of Het II miniquest.
- The Holy Scarab will now drain Prayer points as expected when using multiple prayers.
- Extra Prayer experience obtained from Powder of Burials will now work with the Bonecrusher.
- The warning given when attempting to stack a Prayer powder will now state the correct amount of time left.
- The quiver can no longer be taken to the Barbarian Assault minigame.
- A number of Clue Scroll steps were taking the player to incorrect or broken locations when using the Globetrotter Jacket teleport. These have now been fixed.
- A Clue Scroll near Het's Oasis was in a blocked location. This has now been moved.
- The Spirit of Chantli can be unlocked by talking to the Acca Kanatah if the Call of the Ancestors quest is completed.
- The player will now be sent back to the game world as expected whenever leaving the Corporeal Beast's cave.
- Updated the Abyssal Whip's special attack description, as it was inconsistent with how the special attack actually works.
- Changed the 'Can't Log In?' messaging on the Authenticator pop up to 'Lost your Authenticator?' to avoid confusion. Selecting it will take you to the 'Disabling The Authenticator' support page.
- Fixed an issue where loading a preset with a Smouldering item equipped force dropped an item from the preset onto the ground.
- Fixed an issue where dialogue text during the Tale of Two Cats quest was unreadable due to being orange.
- Mobile: Players can now swap action buttons when using action bars 14 and 15.
The latest goings-on from our community
Prezleek strikes again with an incredible animated short featuring Prez and Baroo. Only the worthy shall have the sword!
It took a long, long, time to make this but here's an animated short with Prez and Baroo ⚔️🐮
pic.twitter.com/MjuMOPTRPc— Prezleek (@ThePreztle) January 12, 2022
AuriesByLeah shared an amazing piece of Black Stone Dragon Art this week. Stunning!
And finally, The Duel Arena may be gone, but friendly duels are still very much a thing. Bit of a homage, we guess?
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here’s our pick for this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted By: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday 17th January, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bankk
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted By: M e r c y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday 19th January, 12:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted By: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday 22nd January, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If that doesn't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!