Legacy Mode Beta - Coming 16th June
Legacy Mode goes into open beta on Monday the 16th June!
Legacy Mode is way of playing the modern game but with a traditional look and feel, without the need to learn the new combat system. It’s an optional mode that you can switch on or off, so you can choose if and when you use it.
Legacy mode includes:
- Traditional RuneScape combat, with no abilities.
- Interfaces styled from the pre-RS3 - both resizable and fixed.
- Old-style minimap icons.
- Life points back to a max of 990.
Legacy Mode has a lot of other smaller tweaks to help give that traditional gameplay feel (many of which came from feedback during a recent player visit), and you can find out the details on the forums.
Independent of Legacy Mode, we’re introducing some global changes to combat to make improvements for everyone, especially in PvP. These will also be available on Monday in the Combat Beta:
- Reinstated '138' combat formula, tweaked to give melee, ranged and magic equal contribution.
- Special attacks on weapons that had them before.
- Critical hit chance will be replaced by strength bonuses which give higher max hits.
- Finally, there are some overall balancing changes: more of your life points will come from stats rather than armour, and the penalties and bonuses across the combat triangle will be slightly relaxed, and damage from abilities has been tweaked to even out imbalances (overall damage output remains the same).
Once Legacy Mode has hit beta and we’ve taken on your feedback, we'll be running a poll to determine whether it should be added to the live game.
Even if you don't intend to use Legacy, there'll be plenty of new content to try out: special attacks, the combat formula and balancing refinements. Be sure to give the beta a try!
Watch out for a Legacy-focused Behind the Scenes video on Friday, and full details along with the launch on Monday!
The RuneScape Team