This update is stuffed with changes in our December Community Hitlist strike, Mod Ramenís Cape Customisation and some new deals on currency packs!
|Christmas Village - Active until January 4th
|Weekly Buffs - Free Daily Challenge Extensions!
Community Hitlist December Edition
EX - Calibarrrrrrrr
The end of the year is fast approaching, but we've got just enough time to squeeze in a hitlist strike and tackle some more of your most-requested QoL changes.
This time around the team have been working on turning Revenant Enhancers into a currency to free up those precious Bank slots, updates to several audio requests players have been asking for, adding in the ability to drop items from your Backpack by shift-clicking them, adding a Load Last Preset option to bank chests, bank booths and bankers, refreshing the rare and super rare loot tables, and changing how Excalibur functions when clicked.
Phew! But that's not all the team's been up to. Check out the patch notes below for the full list of changes!
With all that out of the way, the Community Hitlist will be taking a break until January, when we'll be back to address more player pet peeves!
Master Cape Particle Recolouring
An early Christmas present!
As if the Christmas Village wasn't colourful enough, Mod Ramen has been busy in the workshop getting his GameJam project up and running! As of today's update, you'll be able to customise your Master Capes with all the colours (and shades) of the rainbow! As if that weren't enough, you can save your prettiest particles as presets. We can't wait to see what festive patterns you come up with!
Now there's even more reasons to polish off those last few achievements and earn your Cape! You can do it!
Ultimate Christmas Currency Packs
Best Value Key Bundles With RuneCoins, Cosmetics & More!
Planning to treat yourself in RuneScape this Christmas?
The Ultimate Christmas Currency Packs offer the best value Key bundles this season, with a bumper offering of RuneCoins, Knowledge Bombs, Prismatic Stars and and some wonderfully wintery Holly Knight cosmetics! Our Medium and Large Currency Packs also contain over double the usual amount of Keys, as well as some additional Umbral Chests.
|Small Christmas Currency Pack
|Medium Christmas Currency Pack
|Large Christmas Currency Pack
|Holly Knight Swords
|Holly Knight Armour
|Holly Knight Sword and Armour
All three Ultimate Christmas Currency Packs are a one-time purchase for each offer, and will be available from today until January 3rd. You can find them in the Treasure Hunter shop on RuneScape.com.
If you are in-game, click Upgrades & Extras, then head to the Marketplace to see the bundle!
While the Holly Knight cosmetics are part of our bumper Christmas bundle offers above, we know this offer won't be for everyone who would be interested in rocking the festive warrior look. If you're one of those players, we'll be making sure you can pick up the Holly Knight Armour & Sword from the Premier Token Store next Christmas!*
*Updating the Premier Token Store in general is still very much on our radar and something we're investigating for next year.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts December 4th | Ends December 10th | Academy of Heroes
The Echo of Arch-Glacor is back again, bringing with it a second chance to get your hands on some seasonal Azure-themed overrides! Keep an eye out for the Treasure Goebie - defeat them, and you'll receive extra Wrapping Paper!
Fixes and Improvements in this Week's Game Update
- Excalibur, Enhanced Excalibur and Augmented Enhanced Excalibur now have a consistent default action (Activate) when equipped and in the Backpack. This allows Excalibur's healing special to be activated with ease.
- Players can now use the 'Configure' option to choose whether to instead use Wield/Remove as the default action.
- After dragging Excalibur from the Backpack to the Action Bar, you can choose which default option the Action Bar uses.
- The 'Configure' option also lets you choose what you'd like to shout when Excalibur is activated. 'Silent' is the default option.
- You can now hold the Shift key and click items in the Backpack to drop them (if they support dropping, of course). Players will need to opt-in to this setting by navigating to Gameplay -> Interfaces -> Inventory.
- Doubled the output of Dinarrow components (Sharp Shell Shards, Tempered Fungal Shafts, 'Propellant') from the 3 'Accidental' Fletching and Firemaking activities south of the Anachronia dinosaur farm, and entirely reworked the eggsperimentation eggtivity to support a greater range of low- to high- intensity gameplay.
- Wherever possible, Bank chests, booths and bankers now have a Load Last Preset option. This reloads your most recent Bank preset without needing to open, populate and close your Bank interface.
- The 'Dare to Die' song that plays at War's Retreat now fades in more gently and plays at a lower volume, so that its drum track is gentler on the ears when passing through the PvM hub.
- A looping ambient sound of crystal chimes has been removed from the Tower of Voices and Max Guild in Prifddinas, to better suit extensive bankstanding.
- A repetitive moan in the Zombie Walk idle animation, audible to all nearby players, has been removed.
- A repetitive meow in the idle animation of some cats and kittens, audible to all nearby players, has been removed.
- By player request, we've reverted the sound played during clue scans to its pre-June version.
- The individual charges of Revenant Drop Enhancers can now be stacked in your Currency Pouch, freeing up Bank space.
- When loading a Bank preset including items that can be filled with essence, their current contents are now emptied into the Bank before refilling them, in case they contain a different type.
- Rebalanced and updated the rare and super-rare loot tables to remove some of the less valuable items (Runite Stone Spirits, Molten Glass and Raw Lobsters) and increase variance of items dropping in multiples.
- Players standing on charging pads during the Zamorak boss battle when the Infernus witch dies no longer need to step off and on again to charge the pad.
- Clarified the Start Point description for the TokTz-Ket-Dill quest.
- Multiple items can now be added to the Keepsake Box:
- Enhanced Boots
- Protea Flower
- Superior Zurielís Staff
- Superior Dragon Weapons
- Superior Rock-Shell Armour
- Superior Spined Armour
- Superior Skeletal Armour
- Monkey Trinkets
- Cake Hat
- Mud Mask
- Fairy Wand
- Pendant of Lucien
- Mining Helmet
- Gofannon Amulet
- Mouse Toy
- Elite Death Lotus Dart
- Legatus Pendant
- Bug Lantern
- Imcando Hatchet
- The list of overhead emotes can now be filtered to only show the emotes you've unlocked.
- Misty, in the Deep Sea Fishing hub, now has two shiny new chat options:
- She will tell you how long it has been since the current encounter started. No more guessing how fresh the travelling merchant is!
- If no event is currently present, she will instead tell you how long it has been since there was an encounter.
- She will pass on the rumours of what stock the travelling merchant has that day.
- When purchasing the items in slots 2, 3 and 4 of the travelling merchant, it would erroneously show "Locked" instead of "Sold Out" to show the items were out of stock. This has now been corrected.
- When the game servers reboot as part of the weekly update, there was a minimum of 45 minutes before the first encounter in deep sea fishing (such as the travelling merchant) could appear. This is no longer the case and such encounters can now potentially (depending on RNG) appear immediately after a game server reboot.
Zemouregal & Vorkath
- Lord of Bones now reduces armour at 0.2% per stack to maximum of 40%
- Vorkath's 'Ice Circle' attack no longer damages dreadnips or Seren spell prisms.
- Vorkath breath attack has been updated to provide better visual feedback
- Hard mode achievements have been added for the Zemouregal & Vorkath battle.
- Insane Final Boss achievement now correctly shows and track hard mode as well as pet requirement
- Some items obtained from Battle of Forinthry reward chests are now noted.
- Zemouregal summons spawn location changed to avoid spawning under Vorkath
- Players now only take damage if they stop in a poison pool, however, if a poison pool spawns on them, they can mitigate damage by running to an empty square, when the pool appears.
- If crossing a single pool they will only take damage once a player stops in it.
- Added the Vorkath Necromancy weapon overrides to the Zemouregal and Vorkath encounter's drop table.
- Ironmen can now purchase double wrapping paper from the marketplace.
- Updated the bank chest in the Christmas Village to better fit the environment.
- Updated trees in the Christmas Village
- Fixed texture on snowpile to craft snowballs
- Smokey the coal now moves more slowly and is easier to interact with.
- Some missing windows have been rebuilt within Falador & Lumbridge
- Removed some unnecessary options on the advent calendar icon on mobile.
- Fixed several graphical issues with Christmas lights in Falador & Lumbridge.
- Vorkath will now appropriately award wrapping paper
- Some Christmas lights in Fort Forinthry will no longer float when remove roof is enabled
- The stolen decorations from the southern Varrock have been returned by the imps!
- Fixed some duplicate text within the combine text on the Christmas scarves and hats.
- The Varrock Eastern Gate can now be passed through correctly.
- Players will now have their transmog removed when speaking to various NPCs around the Christmas Village.
- F2P players will be able to purchase the Winter Hat and Scarf from the Christmas Spirit Store.
- The Ice fishing water hole has been slightly adjusted so it no longer has a darker square shadow within it.
- Clicking on a button to open a different interface on the Treasure Hunter progress bar will now reopen Treasure Hunter when closing the interface.
- Some various typos & inconsistencies have been fixed across the Christmas Event.
- A Christmas tree in the Grand Exchange now has a fence around the trunk.
- The advent calendar now mentions the prize received when opening a window.
- Some lamposts in Varrock have had their string lights appropriately attached.
- Mince pies can now be noted and traded.
- The text on the 'Advent' and 'Event' buttons within Treasure Hunter has been made brighter.
- Snowballs made within the Christmas Village should now give you up-to-date reclaim information upon attempting to destroy them.
- Fort Forinthry's chapel decorations have been returned by the Snow Imps! To see the changes, re-enable the Christmas decorations via Zoe.
- The 'But It Won't Warp You Anywhere' achievement can now be completed again.
- Fixed an issue that made certain items equip while using 'Fill' or 'Empty' options within the bank interface.
- The "Samurai outfit" override should now appear in correct categories.
- The "King and Queen of Hearts Pack" and "King and Queen of Spades Pack" weapon overrides should now appear in correct categories.
- Fixed an issue where players could be disconnected when attempting to empty the giant pouch.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the 'Lost Items' button in the bug report interface would open an incorrect web page.
- Items in Ore Boxes will now be saved on death unless it is a PvP death
- The ladder inside the Blue Moon Inn functions once again.
- The in-game clock now should refresh as expected.
- Fixed an issue where Necromancy conjures were failing to find the right route during combat, causing them to get stuck.
- The Lumbridge Water Wheel has been fixed. That's wheely good news.
- Fixed an issue where setting a high framerate limit would result in dramatically lower performance on some machines running recent versions of Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Fixed an issue where forcing anisotropic filtering via the Nvidia Control Panel would result in the game's interface rendering incorrectly.
- Fixed flickering artefacts of point light shadows on some less common hardware.
- Fixed interactions between interface scaling and field of view.
- Fixed an issue where the game failed to launch via Steam for some users with Intel GPUs.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when minimising the game window on AMD GPUs.
- Fixed various Android crashes.
- Improved quality of game render scaling.
- Improved quality of interface scaling on desktop.
- Improved quality of FXAA on mobile, and on desktop when game render scale is not 100%.
- Improved performance and game rendering quality when interface scale is set to less than 100%.
- Improved performance and quality when 'Game View' is resized using Edit Layout.
- Reset game render scale setting to account for Windows/macOS DPI scaling, due to performance issues.
- Players wanting native 4k can manually change the setting back to 100.
- Players using 4k resolutions may observe UI and game rendering being upscaled to 4K at high quality, costing some FPS depending on your system display scaling settings.
The Latest Goings-on from our Community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Aarie & Redwigon
- Date/Time: Wednesday December 6th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 117
- Location: Croesus Front
- FC: Mod Events
- Hosted by: Apazos, f2pironmanfc & Spirits of Arianwyn
- Date/Time: Saturday December 9th, 17:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock Square
- FC: F2pironmanfc
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday December 9th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. Thereís sure to be something youíll enjoy!