A new marketplace outfit, the next stage of the combat beta, your personalised end of year review and a ton of patches!
Ceremonial Djinn Marketplace Sale
Be part of the djinn-crowd with this stunning new Necromancer outfit fresh out of Um!
The visual overrides are available from the Spotlight tab as a bundle for 470 RuneCoins on free-to-play, or 423 RuneCoins for members. Purchasing will unlock them in the Wardrobe tab of the Customisation interface.
The bundle features the following items:
- Ceremonial Djinn headpiece
- Ceremonial Djinn robe (top)
- Ceremonial Djinn robe (bottom)
- Ceremonial Djinn gloves
- Ceremonial Djinn boots
Help us test new combat updates
The next part of the combat beta is now live! Jump in now to playtest a slew of new changes and let us know how they feel in practice.
To get started:
- Jagex Launcher
- Click this link.
- The link will load the Jagex launcher then start loading the Beta, logging you in automatically.
- Non Jagex Launcher
- Click this link, then log in as normal.
On first login, your live save is imported into the Beta. You can re-import your save into the Beta once per hour.
Once you’ve played around with the changes for a bit, share your feedback at:
- The #Combat-Beta channel in the Official Discord.
- This dedicated Beta Thread on the RuneScape subreddit.
Even if you feel like you don't do a lot of combat, or that these changes won't affect your day-to-day activity, we would still love for you to give the beta a try. After all, these changes might be the inspiration you needed to try out combat more in future!
Once you’re done, here’s how to get back to the live game:
- With Jagex Launcher
- Close the clients you're using.
- Right-click the Jagex Launcher icon on your taskbar
- Click ‘Exit’
- Wait a few seconds
- Load the Jagex Launcher from your Start menu normally.
- Without Jagex Launcher
- Close the clients you're using.
- Reload the client as normal.
Your End of Year Newsletter
So, how did you get on?
Millions of experience points, hundreds of boss kills and way too many swordfish? If you’d like to know how your #RuneScapeReview2023 panned out, make sure you opt into our upcoming newsletter! You’ll receive a full breakdown of your top stats for the last year, hopefully giving you plenty to brag about – and perhaps some inspiration for your 2024 goals...
We'll be sending out these reviews at the end of this month, so you still have time to opt in here!
Prime Gaming Drop
Grab your Umbral Chests!
Prime Members this month you will be able to get your hands on 3 Umbral Chests! Make sure to grab your goodies from February 6th. Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming!
January 30th: Scheduled Maintenance
Begins 09:00 GMT
We have scheduled essential planned maintenance for all RuneScape and Old School game worlds on Tuesday January 30th at 09:00-12:00 (UTC) / 01:00-04:00 (PST) / 19:00-22:00 (AEST).
During this period, all game worlds will be temporarily unavailable for up to 3 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this downtime and will keep players informed of any changes to this estimated schedule.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts January 30th | Ends January 31st | Contagion
A contagion is loose! Delve deep into the blighted lands and assist the plague doctors to uncover infested rewards...
Starts February 1st | Ends February 5th | Phoenix Rising
The Phoenix is on the rise and the rewards are red hot! Get ready to burn bonus experience, unlocking boosts and stronger Lamps.
Fixes and Improvements in this Week's Game Update
- Storing noted items in the Herb Bag will no longer exceed the Herb limit of the bag.
- Reduced the font size of long quest names that overlapped the wiki quickguide button in the top-right corner of the quest interface.
- Added Quick Guide option text to this wiki button to make it clearer what it does.
- Runes in phase 7 of the Zamorak encounter will once again heal above their max HP on death. Values have been slightly adjusted to account for solo mode having halved rune HP, to reduce the chance of double-killing runes.
- Removed a superfluous full stop in the Coalington's Ember's name.
- Removed the Christmas area from Burthorpe.
- Fixed an issue where Necromancy attacks were incorrectly being considered as a weakness for Rasial, the First Necromancer, granting a higher base hit chance than intended.
- Increased the penalty for Necromancy equipment when used in conjunction with equipment from other styles to better reflect the intention of Necromancy sitting outside the combat triangle (e.g. Necromancy weapon, while wearing Melee armour OR melee weapon, while wearing Necromancy armour)
- Fixed an issue where some bones were floating in the air within Edgeville Dungeon, making them inaccessible.
- Fixed an issue with a misplaced top half of machinery in the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon.
- Fixed incorrect examine text in the graphically updated Edgeville Dungeon.
- The hedge near the small house in the Legends' Guild has been moved to prevent clipping through the wall.
- The Retro gathered skirt no longer stretches when dual wielding crossbows.
- The Equuis Archer arm guards no longer stretch when using a specific combination of cosmetics.
- Stretching does not occur when using both the Tithe Collector's Gloves and Infernal Cerberus Faulds overrides.
- The Colosseum Jacket's belt is not stretching when using the Home teleport.
- Fixed a stretching issue with the 'K'ril's Godcrusher Leg Armour' that sometimes occurred when balancing on a Serenity post.
- Some issues with woodcutting animations have been fixed.
- The Ticket Vendor no longer stands inside a rock in Rimmington.
- Removed forcewalk tiles at the farm near Falador.
- Small visual adjustments have been made towards Hero Pass Longbows.
- The poly colors of the Arch Glacor weapons have been updated to more closely match.
- Fixed a clipping issue with the Matryoshka rest override.
- Two-handed weapons are now aligned with both hands while the Radiant Crusader Outfit is applied.
- Fixed an issue with the Cape of Legends clipping through male character models.
- The Drinking Horn no longer changes to Beer Stein when walking with it.
- A small graphical issue with the Dragonkin chatheads has been fixed.
- Fixed some issues with Rowena's chathead.
- Fixed an issue with the Ilujankan Traveller's Wand override where it would not move along with the player while sheathed.
- Fixed an issue with the dismiss animation for the Love Bug and Love Bird pets.
- The banana overrides can no longer be sheathed.
- The Abyssal Orb is now correctly held within the player's hand.
- Fixed an animation issue that would occur with the Angry Walk override when certain base clothing items were used.
- Fixed the brightness of the main-hand Wen weapon while dyed using the Aurora dye.
- Several decimal separators have been added across the game.
- Several typos and other minor text issues have been fixed across the game.
- Whenever the effect of the Dark Facet of Luck doubles a Clue casket, players will now also receive a chat message in case they miss the object box due to being too fast.
- The Portable Fairy Ring and the Spirit Tree Re-rooter are no longer erroneously referred to as the Fairy Ring Teleporter and Spirit Tree Teleporter.
- Messages about the Grand Seed Pod have become info boxes, to be less intrusive.
- The examine option of the Waterfall Fishing Teleport has been changed slightly.
- One of the easy clues has been changed to acknowledge the existence of two squires in the White Knights' Castle, rather than one.
- We've added support for using Movement abilities such as Surge and Dive within the Ancient Awakening instances.
- Note: these abilities were already supported within the Combat Arena, and still are.
- If you have PvP enabled and enter the Wilderness, the warning pop up now tells you that you can speak to Vala in Edgeville to opt out.
- The clock has been moved closer to the battery icon on mobile.
- Smithing interface upgrades have yellow highlights on their box.
- Currency handling has been changed to allow all Oddments and Reward Shop currencies to cap out without going negative. Furthermore any remainder will be placed in player inventory if a player is capped out in that currency.
- The tier of the Robin Hood Tunic is now correctly displayed in its tooltip.
- Updated Elen Anterth's Cape Store within the Max Guild so that the Necromancy Capes appear after the Magic and Mining Capes.
- The POH Enchant Tablets now work with certain gemstones.
- Updated the destroy message for the Penance Master Horns. It will now point you to Commander Connad at Barbarian Assault to reclaim.
- Players are no longer able to obtain Divination Fragments when they already own the Elder Divination outfit set.
- The typo has been fixed for Sirenic chaps and Elite Sirenic chaps.
- Fixed a pathing issue with the Ogre spitroast at the Feldip Hills.
- The Scroll of Cleansing will now correctly inform the player about the material that was saved when crafting Runecrafting potions.
- Fixed an issue with Drezel's name appearing incorrectly during the Priest in Peril quest.
- When burning corrupted Magic Logs on a portable brazier, the accompanying chat message will no longer mention Protean Logs.
- The building status of the chapel in Fort Forinthry will no longer show a tier higher than tier 3.
- The Shattered Worlds 'Equip me' checkbox now stays unchecked as long as any preset other than 'Current' is selected.
- Fixed the Drygore Longswords (Soul and Aurora) and the Flaming Sword Enchantment to be connected and lined up with one other.
- The icon for the perfect build when building the lodestone and side gate in the fort has been removed, as there is no perfect build option for them.
- Players can now interact with their Miniature Evil Tree after relogging.
- Fixed an issue with Powerburst potions having an elongated cooldown for some players affected by the Login Lockout.
- Fixed an issue that allowed the 'Economy building for dummies' book to be equipped in a player's mainhand slot via the Bank.
- Fixed an issue that blocked the option to rotate the camera within the Livid Farm area using keybinds.
- The Treasure Rest animation should no longer display incorrectly in the customisation interface.
- Updated the scrimshaws buff to no longer have incorrect information about its duration.
- Corrected a typo related to the Archaeology skill inside the Nodon Hibernatorium.
- Textual references to Mandrith being in Edgeville have been corrected.
- The tooltip info about an empty familiar ability slot has been updated.
- An issue where duplicate locations would be shown when exiting via Death's Hourglass has been fixed.
- Removed the extra offhand weapon (the Dagger) for Chaos Witch channeler, which just leaves the skull.
- Blue Dragon Scales can now be banked by Sign of the porter.
- A typo in the examine of the 'Raksha' idol has been fixed.
- Added a tooltip that states when the player doesn't have enough room in their backpack while hovering over the claim button in the Treasure Hunter's 'Choose Your Prize' window.
- A typo in Praetor's log page 3 has been fixed.
- Fixed a typo within the Weekly Progress reward screen in the challenges UI.
- The buff bar now updates when a prayer/curse is being disabled by a creature.
- The examine option in Diango's Item Retrieval Service now correctly displays the examine text of items.
- Updated the prize information for Protean Memory and Protean Plank when won on Treasure Hunter to more resemble their actual functionality.
- The player now is able to use the 'WASD' keys to move the camera while transmogrified into Moia.
- The name of the Tiny Protean Pack is now consistent in places where it's mentioned.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Giant Chinchompa familiar from dealing damage to a target(s) when the Explode scroll was used.
- The 'Weave Come a Long Way' achievement is now correctly locked by a level 90 Necromancy requirement.
- Fixed an issue with the quest journal not always linking to the correct quest when clicking on quest prerequisites.
- Turkey book and Magical Bunny Notepaper, which load their holiday event information into the quest journal, now hide their inoperable wiki, overview and history buttons.
- The option to change Hero Pass Missions is no longer available when interacting with Vis Wax.
- Corrupted Snipe and Corrupted Sonic Wave can now be rotated in the animation preview window.
- Sprout, the Pet of Seasons is now correctly named in the chatbox message when unlocking the pet.
- Fixed typos and inconsistencies in music track unlock hints.
- Updated some inconsistent spellings of 'artefact' within the Ancient Awakening quest.
- The Botanist's Workbench's labeling is now consistent across all tabs.
- If a player is doing the tutorial and buys a Key package with Deathtouched Darts, they will no longer be told to move to a safe area to claim it. They will be asked to complete the tutorial first.
- Removed an extra option from the mobile destroy prompt message.
The latest updates from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday January 29th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday February 3rd, 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Exiled Kalphite Hive
- FC: Dung Titan
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday February 3rd, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Join the RuneScape Discord Mentor Team as they host the first Great Gielinor Race, a free-to-play hide & seek and scavenger hunt event!
If interested, grab the "Learner Events" role in the official RuneScape Discord and sign up with the host form provided in the pins of learner-events-discussion. You must be in the RuneScape Discord the day of the event to see the location riddles.