Gielinor's looking better than ever this week with texture improvements and a graphical update for Entrana! It's also time to get skilling with our last Double XP event of the year.
A fresh coat
Or to use the proper title, a ‘Default non metal Specular value change’... Hey, that’s what it says in the notes! Today's update will bring some improvements to textures of certain materials that you may have felt were looking a little washed out. These changes will enhance the colour and shading of a few visuals around Gielinor.
Here you can see it affects not only outfits but also pets, enemies and environments :
Couple more outfits for reference!
Check out the world and see where this change adds more depth of colour and let us know your favourite outfits!
November Area Graphical Update : Entrana
With more to come soon
We’re going to be putting out a few graphical updates over the next month or so, starting today with Entrana - everyone's favourite reminder that you’ve got the wrong shoes on. Mod Zact has led the charge by bringing the island’s geometry up to date, and even giving the monks a brand new boat! Check out the changes below…
We'll have more area updates throughout November and early December!
Double XP Live
Launches Friday the 10th
Vorkath and Zemouregal are set to smash down your Fort and set loose the undead forces! What better way to prepare than with the return of Double XP Live? Pump up your combat skills to get in shape, or boost your Herblore to stay stocked up on supplies - whatever skill you need DXP will help you achieve your goals.
With this DXP we are introducing an additional element - DXP Tokens. These tokens are earned by earning DXP Spirits intermittently while skilling* or by using Proteans and Dummies. Alternatively, if you have any unwanted Proteans, you can convert up to 10000 of them daily to use them on something more valuable to you!
These DXP Tokens can be exchanged during any DXP LIVE for stars, skilling outfit pieces, elite skilling outfit pieces and even a few items from Vic The Trader's store. The DXP Token Store will be available during Double XP: LIVE events, and any tokens earned persist into future events.
*Note: Spirits will automatically claim when they expire, so if you're going into DXP LIVE AFK style, you won't be missing out on earning Tokens!
DXP LIVE is a 10-day event where you have 48 Hours of Double XP to use at your leisure. You can pause the timer if you need to do other activities but don't want to lose out on that precious DXP time. If you won't be using all your hours, you can trade an hour of DXP per day for credits to use with Nic The Trader. More about how it works here!
Double XP LIVE kicks off Friday, November 10th until Monday, November 20th, starting and ending at 12:00 PM Game Time.
DXP Marketplace Bundles
Need some supplies to help those gains? Look no further than our DXP Item Bundle or Daily Bundle, offering direct access to additional skilling supplies. Both bundles are available from November 10th till November 20th.
DXP Item Bundle: 1 Bond
Purchasable once via Marketplace. Contains:
- 5x Medium Protean Pack
- 5x Large Prismatic Star
- 25x Protean Prolonger
- 25x Protean Powerup
- 5x Medium Skill Dummy Crate
- 25x Pulse Cores
- 25x Cinder Cores
- 250x Silverhawk Down (untradeable)
- 250x Tight Springs (untradeable)
- Bonus: 5000 DXP Tokens
DXP Daily Bundle: 1 Bond
Purchasable once via Marketplace. Awards a Daily Bundle of items every day for 10 days. Each day, your bundle can be collected from the marketplace. If you miss any days, don’t worry - you’ll be able to collect any you missed when you next log in. Make sure you claim them before the 20th though else they will be lost!
- 2x Earned key
- 1x Medium Protean Pack
- 1x Large Prismatic Star
- 1x Medium Skill Dummy Crate
- 10x Pulse Core
- 10x Cinder Core
- 50x Tight Spring (untradeable)
- 50x Silverhawk Down (untradeable)
- Bonus: 1000 DXP Tokens available daily throughout the event.
Each package can only be purchased once.
Wednesday November 8th| 17:00 Game Time | Combat Beta Discussions
Join Mods Doom, Sponge and Ryan as chat about the ongoing combat beta. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape.
Bond Redemption Bonus
Get more for your Bond!
Launching on the 8th of November at 11:30 Game Time until the end of this year, redeeming bonds in the in game marketplace will give you an additional bonus! Check out the table below :
|1 Bond||14 days membership||16 days membership|
|2 Bonds||29 days membership||33 days membership|
|3 Bonds||45 days membership||51 days membership|
|1 Bond||15 TH keys||18 TH keys|
|1 Bond||195 RuneCoins||234 RuneCoins|
|3 Bonds||585 RuneCoins||702 RuneCoins|
|10 Bonds||1950 RuneCoins||2340 RuneCoins|
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts November 7th | Ends November 8th | Smouldering vs Supernova
Are you in it for the bonus XP of Supreme Stars? Or the bonus XP-burning potential of Smouldering Lamps? It's up to you!
Starts November 9th | Ends November 15th | Foresight to Train
It's time to train - but this time with extra foresight!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- The island of Entrana geology has been updated and given a fresh coat of paint. Leave your weapons and armour at home if you want to go check it out!
- Updated the values of some materials to improve their colour visibility. Check out the above panels for a better demonstration.
Gamejam - Dungeoneering
- The dungeon map on mobile has been moved to be beside the minimap.
- Able to click on the door behind skill checks in Daemonheim to begin attempting them.
- Reduced the number of times Luminescent Icefiend uses it's special attack.
- Mastyx creatures can no longer be killed and their examine text has been updated.
- Increased base accuracy within dungeoneering to be inline with others areas of the game.
- Daemonheim dungeoneering variant of Hexhunter bow works as described.
- Completing the Statue Arming Puzzles will immediately unlock the door while the animation plays.
- Reduce the delay between when a shifting ghost can be attacked.
- When the player makes the correct selection for the Sarcophagus consecration puzzle, all four herbs are harvested together.
- Inventory space is taken into accounted on harvesting the herbs.
- If the player makes an incorrect selection, they will take damage, but can still progress with the puzzle by choosing the correct selection in subsequent tries.
- Farming resources will more accurate match the players Farming skill level at high skill levels.
- Rebalanced Kal'ger the Warmonger boss fight to be difficult but manageable.
- Changed the requirement for the Port Enter achievement - players now only need to create a Porter of Passage V or above.
The latest goings-on from our community
That wonderfully creative lot from the ScreenieScape and Necromancy Discords had some spooky parades recently and gathered up a ton of adorable images! Special shoutout to Bjorngomes for hitting 120 Necromancy during these events. Special thanks to all the photographers (in no particular order) Bazz, Plegsi, Elej, AweeRedPanda, Mooti, Yatsuba and Oh Lily. Apologies if we are missing any names, but know that you are all wonderful!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday November 6th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Commander Zilyana Hardmode
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Wednesday November 11th, 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Saradomin Lobby
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, RinToyama32, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday November 11th, 22:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast SC
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
SupportScape is a Discord server with mental health support at its heart. They are a diversity friendly community who offer support and a friendly face to everyone.
Join the community here: https://discord.gg/F4TggH5Rxm
They will be hosting the following events this week: Stress and Stress Management Awareness
In honor of International Stress Awareness week held during the first week of November, . Feel free to join in and share your own resources and stories related to stress or stress management! When : Throughout November Where : SupportScape will be posting different tips and resources in https://discord.com/channels/584755819284004911/1059122973967122523
Skill 'n' Skribbl
They will be joining the wonderful folks at AHelp for some portables at Fort Forinthy in w76 and playing some RuneScape-themed pictionary as well! A link to the game will be provided at the start of the event.
When : Saturday, November 11th at 20:00 Game time
Where : Fort Forinthy in w76
Come hang out with them in VC and chat about movies and all sorts of fun things!
When : Sunday, November 12th Where : Discord Voice Chat
Everyone is welcome to join! Hope to see you there!
Official Discord Pumpkin Carving Event
To celebrate Halloween the Official Discord had some fun carving Gielinor-appropriate pumpkins! From RuneScaping to squash scraping, you lot are truly multi-talented. Special shout out to Jamiely, Umbreon 0, Mad Old Elf and Bobbyduckjoe for these fantastically creepy creations.