We're still processing the Necromancy First Look this week, so it's a quick one today - but we've got some FSoA and Animate Dead updates and a few other patches too!
FSoA and Animate Dead Updates
Thanks for your feedback!
Recently we've been cooking up some changes to the Fractured Staff of Armadyl and Animate Dead, in order to address their impact on combat design. With the help and feedback of the community, these changes will go live from today!
If you want to understand a little more about our thinking, check out this post outlining the ideas behind these changes. Otherwise, head on down to the Patch Notes section for the highlights!
Tuesday, June 6th
We're conducting some planned maintenance to all game world servers on Tuesday June 6th. This will begin at 10:00am BST (9:00 Game Time) and last approximately 3 hours. During this time access to the website may also be affected.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts June 6th | Ends June 7th | Genie's Wishes
Be careful what you wish for... you might just get it! Find Karima in your chest to have your wish come true, or enhance your next wish for even greater rewards. Oh, and you won't even need to find Karima after claiming a wish to get start on your next wish!
Starts June 8th | Ends June 14th | Assassin's Return
Assassins are in high demand once again, and that means a series of contracts for you to deal with! Complete the contracts to get your hands on the Faceless Assassin outfits - or even that much sought-after Assassin Walk animation!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- The Fractured Staff of Armadyl's special attack has been modified:
- The buff on the player no longer fires an additional autoattack after landing a critical hit, instead triggering a time strike which deals 60-120% ability damage.
- Critical hits caused by time strikes do not trigger further time strikes.
- Animate Dead now cannot reduce damage by more than 60% (down from 75%).
- Damage reduction now uses 25% of defence level (formerly 33%).
- Damage reduction now only works against core damage types - Melee, Ranged and Magic and will no longer work against typeless damage, poisons, reflections or any other bespoke damage type.
- Movement abilities can now be used in Temple Trekking, Troll Invasion, The Tale of the Muspah first cave and Flash Powder Factory areas.
- The Dominion Tower Reward Chest items are not spilling over the assigned area, the Inventory is limited to 30 items and no Scroll Bar is displayed.
- Sarah's dialogue now accurately explains the Coconut Shy and Hook-a-Duck activities during the Beach Event.
- Completing Sandy Clue Scroll steps now count for the Clue task progress during the Golden Cape Hunt Event.
- Shadow-Touched training items are no longer lost on death.
- There is now an 'add all weeds' option when right-clicking on usable compost bins.
- Filling a statue bag whilst having your Bank open will now fill it with any statues in your Inventory and Bank.
- Updated a number of entries in various skill guides:
- Added Spear of Annihilation to the Attack skill guide.
- Added Masterwork Spear of Annihilation to the Attack skill guide.
- Added each GWD1 Godsword and their respective passive to the Attack skill guide.
- Added Sunspear Dagger to the attack skill guide.
- Added Sunspear melee/ranged/magic to the Attack/Ranged/Magic skill guides respectively.
- The entries for Reese's Swords have been combined into one entry.
- Bandos's Stronghold on the Strength skill guide now uses the Bandos icon, rather than an oak door.
- Removed Statius's and Vesta's Armour from the Strength skill guide.
- Switched Void legs object for the body in the Strength skill guide for visual cleanliness.
- Added Fleeting Boots to the Defence skill guide.
- Updated the text in various interfaces to improve readability.
- Fixed a grammatical error related to the Protean Powerup.
- The Hailstorm Dagger now shows the correct tooltip in the Attack and Magic guide tabs.
- Players are no longer informed about receiving the Golden Cape Shard after claiming the Golden Cape from the Wise Old Man.
- Players can no longer obtain multiple Rings of Kinship after leaving the Daemonheim's dungeon.
- Golden Cape Hunt's Info tab and the Buy Task now have more detailed descriptions about the event rewards and task requirements.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K and Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Wednesday June 5th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
- Hosted by: RuneScape Discord Mentors
- Date/Time: Friday June 9th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 62
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Ahelp
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Adebisi, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday June 10th, 21:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!