Extended draw distance is one of the new features that HTML5 will bring into the game, so we thought we would look away from characters, monsters and gods this month and focus more on landscapes. We want you to 'zoom out' and show us the wonderful, rich world of Gielinor as it will be seen in RuneScape 3.
Whether you are a part of the HTML5 beta or not, we want to see your artwork! Use your imagination: give those places you love best (or that you'd love to see given an overhaul) a fresh lick of paint. Perhaps you have great ideas for Tree Gnome City, would like to portray a scene in Wilderness, or you’d like to make an epic panorama.
As always, we have some fantastic prizes for our winner and runners-up. Will it be you this time?
Deadline: 30th May 2013
- It’s got to be your own work – no knock-offs, please!
- No screenshots!
- Minimum resolution: 1280 x 720px
- Maximum size: 2 MB
- Accepted formats: .jpg, .png, .gif
- Email your entry to email@example.com with your display name and title of your artwork
- RuneScape concept art print – signed by our artists
- Feedback from one of our RuneScape concept artists
- 500 RuneCoins
- 200 RuneCoins
Last month's Players' Gallery competition theme idea came from one of you (Twitter name: RunescapeHumor) so if you have a great idea or suggestion, don’t hesitate! Get in touch with us, either on forums or by tweeting with the hashtag #RSart.
We also have deviantART group that you should definitely check out. Why not join us there too?
Mod Phoenix and the RuneScape Community Team
Discuss this here.