The Abyssal Whip retro cosmetic is here! Plus, some niche changes for the 'pure' among you…
Retro Abyssal Whip Bundle
Another retro classic
The Abyssal whip is ready to crack some Slayer monster skulls!
The Retro Abyssal Whip bundle arrives with today’s update, costing 200 RuneCoins - or 180 for Members. It contains:
- Retro Abyssal Whip
- Remaster Abyssal Whip
Time to grab your whip and get cracking!
Warning: Beware of Aggressive Mallards...
Cabbages under threat
URGENT PSA: There have been reports of these aggressive waterfowl appearing on the weekends and attacking local cabbages.
Please be on the lookout, and do report any sightings.
Mini Strike : Options for Pures
Mod Stu brings in the changes
When you’ve been growing a game for over two decades, you’re bound to see a number of different playstyles emerging. There are some seriously niche communities within our big family, and we love to see your dedication and creativity! Today we’re introducing some changes that should help out one group in particular - the skilling pures.
The pure skiller playstyle is all about completing goals without gaining any experience in select skills. These adjustments should help out the dedicated few who are committed to the pure lifestyle, while not impacting the general play flow for the rest of the community.
This niche accessibility update - designed and developed in close collaboration with a number of skill pures - provides some self-moderation tools to recover from inadvertent leveling, as well as ways to opt out of undesired XP, opening up new opportunities for specialist builds. XP blocking and skill resets are intended to bring optional peace of mind to self-limited accounts, while not impacting the majority of players.
Read the changes in full over at the Patch Notes!
We're conducting some planned maintenance to all game world servers on March 28th. This will begin at 10:00 BST (09:00 Game Time) and last approximately 90 minutes. During this time access to the website may also be affected.
Prime Gaming March
It's here! Umbral Chests galore!
It's time for March Prime! This month you will receive 3 Umbral Chests, so make sure you grab your goodies from March 28th. Please note: this promotion is not available for Ironman characters. Find out more at https://RS.Game/PrimeGaming.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
The Vault of Riches leads way to a Contagion!
Starts March 28th | Ends March 29th | Contagion
A contagion is loose! Delve deep into the blighted lands and assist the plague doctors to uncover infested rewards...
Starts March 30th| Ends April 3rd | Smoldering Vs Supernova
Are you in it for the bonus XP of Supreme Stars? Or the bonus XP-burning potential of Smouldering Lamps? It's up to you!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Skill Pure Accommodations
- The following options have been added to Nastroth in Lumbridge courtyard:
- XP blocking: "I want to block XP from specific skills." You can choose to prevent ever getting XP in skills of your choice.
- Note that at the request of HP pures, Constitution XP from defeating enemies in combat cannot be blocked.
- Proof: "I want to prove I've never used an XP block/reset."
- This toggles a tooltip on the Combat Level icon when you are inspected by a player, indicating whether XP has been blocked on your account or you have used a minor reset.
- Minor reset: To accommodate pures who have 'ruined' an account by over-levelling a skill, Nastroth can now reset your XP in a skill of your choice to its minimum, provided the chosen skill doesn't exceed level 10 (or level 15 if Constitution).
- Unlike Nastroth's two major resets (specifically intended to reset Defence pures and Constitution & Prayer pures when Evolution of Combat released), this minor reset doesn't reset quests etc. that require the chosen skill.
- Nastroth's resets (major and minor) are now available on a six-month cooldown, instead of once per account.
- The player must still return in 7 days to activate any reset after requesting it, and activation requires a Bank PIN.
- The limit of one major reset per account has been removed. This is to help players who are over-levelled for Nastroth's new minor reset and have already used either of Nastroth's two major resets to recover their accounts and utilise these changes.
- To prevent exploits from major resets being used repeatedly, Nastroth will cease to provide major resets in less than six months - on Monday 18th September 2023.
- While the limit of one major reset per account has been lifted, Nastroth's two major resets were intended for two very different types of pures, so cannot be combined.
- If you intend to make use of one of Nastroth's major resets before they are removed... be sure to activate a major reset before activating a minor reset. Since resets share a six-month cooldown and major resets will be removed in less than six months, if Nastroth is waiting six months after a minor reset, you won't be able to use a major reset before they are removed. Nastroth requires you to wait 7 days after requesting a reset to come back and activate it. So if you have requested a minor reset and prefer to use a major reset, there's time to change your mind if you haven't yet returned in a week to activate the minor reset.
- Also note that Nastroth's major resets were intended to specifically reset two types of pures at the dawn of the Evolution of Combat and have not been maintained, so until their removal, you use major resets at your own risk.
- Keepsake Box checks now occur before Nastroth skill reset warnings, so that if a skill reset fails due to having keepsaked items, the reset does not prematurely go on 7 day cooldown.
- Removed the 59 Magic requirement from the Family Crest quest, since Chronozon's blast spell mechanic can be bypassed with a Deathtouched Dart.
- Fixed an issue where lights in the Crystal Light puzzle in Daemonheim were not displayed correctly.
- Fixed an issue with environment visibility at the Soul Altar.
- Adjusted lighting across the TzHaar city.
- Overhauled the lighting and updated the terrain textures in the Underground Pass Dungeon.
- Fixed a small typo in the Extinction quest.
- Fixed an issue where Adrasteia sometimes wouldn’t appear in the Falador Castle Library after speaking to Saradomin during the Twilight of the Gods quest.
- The tower door on the roof of the Town Hall is now locked in the Murder on the Border quest's instance.
- The coffer unearthed during the Murder on the Border quest is now similarly sized in its active and inactive states.
- Fixed some typos in the Murder on the Border quest.
- Corrected the typo ‘Potiion’ to be ‘Potion’ in a part of the Murder on the Border quest dialogue.
- Corrected the typo ‘Rood’ to be ‘Roof’ in a part of the Murder on the Border quest dialogue.
- The required items to construct buildings during the New Foundations and Murder on the Border quests are now listed in their quest overviews.
- Fixed an issue where the building status of the Chapel in Fort Forinthry claimed that the building is ‘yet to be constructed’, even if the Chapel is fully completed and customisable.
- The inventory icons for Achievement Capes have been adjusted to be more easily distinguishable from one another.
- Players now are no longer able to mention Returner Challenge buffs as items using quick chat.
- Fixed an issue where Combat XP Lamps claimed from Nikkel didn't provide any XP.
- Fixed missing UI border for a Clue Scroll (hard) treasure map at Fort Forinthry.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't bless extra fine sand on certain tiles in Ardougne Monastery.
- The Twitch link in the in-game calendar now links to the correct page.
- The tooltips of the following elements have been adjusted:
- Super Zamorak brew
- Spiritual Prayer potion
- Summoning potion
- Recipe Shop Potions
- The Oddment Store and Terms & Conditions buttons are interactable again when the Out of Keys screen is displayed.
- Fixed an issue where different types of Protean Packs were deselected after clicking the ‘More’ option.
- Corrected a typo in the Milky Teeth achievement.
- Updated the description when destroying the Mask of the White Wyrm to the correct reclaim price. Previously the description claimed that the price was 50,000 GP when the correct price was actually 35,000 GP.
- Adjusted the messages shown in duels to be more clear.
- Fixed an issue with the Forinthry Royal Robes missing the neck in the female variant.
- The ‘Witch's Potion Override’ (herblore animation override) can now be deactivated.
The latest goings-on from our community
@ChevalricRS is acting the plank - and giving away some gold in the process!
@MaikeruRS putting our Jmods through some Jeopardy-inspired challenges...
@RheyoRS looking out for the PVM players on a budget #frugal
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Lynxlynx & Saphhirra
- Date/Time: Monday March 27th, 19:30 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
- FC: Patrick K
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday March 29th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
- Hosted by: RuneScape Discord Mentors
- Date/Time: Friday March 31st, 22:00 Game Time
- World: 6
- Location: Barbarian Outpost
- FC: Ahelp
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!