A number of changes to the Revenant Caves and Deadman Worlds headline the updates heading to Old School this week.
We know that the other changes discussed in the Wilderness Changes Blog are highly-anticipated and long-awaited updates, and fear not - this update is just the first of many upcoming changes involving the Revenant Caves.
It’s regrettable that we haven’t been able to bring you these tweaks sooner, as features like Loot Keys and Wilderness Bosses are going to be very exciting for the Wilderness. Unfortunately, these features will now not appear in-game until 2022, for which we apologise.
Other features, however, are already being looked into. The next update from this batch will include the Wilderness Slayer Caves improvements and the introduction of a PJ Timer throughout the Wilderness for both players and NPCs. We don’t yet have a concrete date, but we’ll update you as soon as we have news to share.
We've made the following changes to drops in the Revenant Caves:
- The number of Revenant cave teleport scrolls dropped has been increased from 1 to between 1-10.
- Revenant loot tables now have an extra chance to drop Blighted items in addition to their normal loot.
- Multiple item drops will now appear in greater quantities.
To help balance out the risk vs reward aspect of the caves following our rebalancing efforts, most drops from Revenant NPCs are no longer noted unless you have an Amulet of Avarice equipped.
We’ve also changed how Revenants heal:
- They now have a cooldown that begins once they have healed, preventing them from healing again for 15 cycles (9 seconds).
- They are now guaranteed a heal whenever they attack while they're below half HP, so long as their heal is ready and not on cooldown.
- They can only heal themselves a total of 8-36 times before being unable to heal again.
Lastly, we've doubled the number of Revenants found throughout the caves, and defeated Revenants will now respawn 33% faster than they did before... Happy hunting!
This week also brings a number of changes to Deadman Worlds.
- Firstly, for an hourly fee Deadman players may now access the dwarves who operate the Blast Furnace.
- Speaking of minigames, Pest Control (and all its rewards) are now accessible when starting with a minimum of just five players.
- When closing the Bank, players are now blocked from eating food or drinking potions for a couple of ticks. You may remember this rule from previous Seasonal and Tournament Deadman Events.
- Players will also now be able to pack certain items (such as Multicannons) into sets via the clerks at the Grand Exchange. Please note that such packs cannot be placed in Safety Deposit Boxes.
- The Emblem Trader in Edgeville now offers Blighted Spell Sacks in his shop. These can be used to cast spells anywhere in the Deadman Worlds.
- Players who die during PvP may now lose 10% XP in their unprotected skills. PvM deaths for unskulled players are not affected.
- Various Rune and Archery Shops should now restock faster, much as they do in Seasonal and Tournament Deadman Events.
- Skulled players entering guarded zones will no longer be frozen. Instead, the guards will express their frustration by shouting at you loudly whilst attacking you with damage that ramps up over time.
- On the topic of safe and unsafe zones, Deadman players will no longer be able to flee into the Gauntlet in the middle of combat.
- Lastly, when killing NPCs in the Wilderness, players now have a small chance to receive Vesta’s Spear, Vesta’s Longsword, Statius’ Warhammer, 50 Morrigan’s Thrownaxes, 50 Morrigan’s Javelins, or Zuriel’s Staff. The drop chances will be lower than they were during Seasonal and Tournament Deadman Events.
- Fixed an issue where players leaving The Node occasionally had a red or blue dot stuck under their character that prevented them from entering the Rogues’ Den.
- Trying to access Group Storage when it’s already in use will now prompt a message indicating who is using it and on which world.
- The ‘Close’ button in the Group Storage interface now saves and closes the interface.
- Ugly Halloween Jumpers now protect you from the cold at Wintertodt, as other warm items do. Snuggly and spooky!
The PvP rota has moved to Period B:
- 560 - (UK) - PvP World
- 579 - (US) - High-Risk PvP World
- 561 - (UK) - Free-to-Play PvP World
- 580 - (US) - LMS Competitive
World 390 (AUS) for LMS Competitive has been de-activated with this rota.
Time for a treat! New October lines have arrived at the Official Merch Store.
First up, celebrate the season with this Limited Edition Halloween Mask Pin Set, or crack open a cold one with the all-new Wizard’s Mind Bomb and Beer Fridge Magnet Bottle Openers.
Was that cold one a mite too chilly? Then bring on the heat with the restocked Jad and Obsidian Shield Pins and Obsidian Cape Keyring.
That's everything for this week's game update. We'd love to hear your feedback so please let us know what you think via our official forums, on the 2007Scape Reddit, the Steam forums or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel.
Mods Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Brow, Bruno, Con, Curse, Daizong, Deagle, Dibber, Ditto, Dylan, Ed, Elena, Ellie, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gecko, Grub, Halo, Havik, Husky, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kieren, Kirby, KT, Kurotou, Lenny, Light, Lottie, Mack, Matheus, Maylea, Markos, Meat, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Nylu, Oasis, Peppers, Regent, Redfield, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Sigma, Skylark, Sova, Squid, Steve W, Tide, Veda, Vegard, West, Wolfy & Zuko
The Old School Team