Each weekend, there'll be an awesome bonus event, giving increased XP, drops, minigame rewards and more - plus, there'll be tons of fun stuff scheduled in the RuneScape community.
Let's Hit the Road
Head over to Burthorpe and chat to Challenge Mistress Fara, who'll give you the run-down of the how the road trip's going to work, and hand you your road trip journal. This lists 20 tasks, of which you can complete one per day throughout May.
We know May's a busy month for many of you, so we've made the RuneScape Road Trip accessible and flexible - you'll be able to enjoy it, even if your time is limited. The tasks are varied, fun, and you can complete them in any order you wish:
- Complete a Dungeoneering floor.
- Complete a Slayer assignment.
- Complete a Treasure Trail.
- Equip a full outfit of cosmetic gear.
- Do a dance on every bridge over the River Lum.
- Fletch 100 bows.
- Smith 100 bars into anything.
- Make 100 runes.
- Burn 100 logs.
- Complete a quest, or Tears of Guthix.
- Rest for a minute.
- Complete a full round of Heist.
- Complete a full round of Castle Wars.
- Run from Shantay Pass to Sophanem without any waterskins.
- Bury 100 bones in a graveyard.
- Kill a demon, goblin, or goblin raid boss during a flash mob.
- Survive in the Wilderness for 10 minutes.
- Complete a round of the Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza minigame.
- Feed 10 breadcrumbs to a duck or a drake in under 20 seconds.
- Gather your daily limit from divine locations.
They're rewarding, too: you'll get an XP lamp for each one you complete - usable in the skill of your choice. At 5, 10, 15 and 20 tasks complete, you'll get a piece of the cosmetic hiker's outfit, and at 20, you'll also get the cheeky monkey pet.
If you can't make it for 20 days, or if there's a particular task you don't like the look of, help is at hand! Our friendly JMods will be in the game throughout the month, and will be able to stamp tasks on your journal, granting you the completed task and reward.
Find details of scheduled JMod stamping sessions over on the forums!
Working for the WeekendEach weekend in May - and for the whole last week - we'll be holding a big bonus event. These will be themed around certain skills or groups of skills, and will include big XP boosts, double drops, increased minigame rewards and more, plus loads of community events and activities:
3rd & 4th May - Slayer & Combat Weekend:
- Double Slayer points.
- +50% base Slayer XP.
- Expanded drop tables for Kalphite King, Giant Mole and Barrows - Rise of the Six.
- All charm drops offer an extra charm.
- Double amounts of all rare drops, and the ring of wealth doubles in effectiveness.
10th & 11th May - Skiller Weekend:
- Double XP and reputation at Artisan's Workshop.
- Increased node spawns and reward points at Runespan.
- Double gold relic, sceptre and Black Ibis drops at Pyramid Plunder.
- Enriched divination nodes spawn every 10 minutes.
- Fishing spots stay in place twice as long.
- Divination wisps last twice as long.
- Mining nodes and trees replenish twice as quickly.
- +50% base Big Chinchompa XP.
17th & 18th May - Minigame Weekend:
- +1 Castle Wars gold ticket per game.
- Double points from Stealing Creation.
- Double points from Pest Control/Conquest.
- Double Zeal from Soul Wars.
- Bosses killed in Dominion Tower count as two for the purposes of reward unlocks.
- All Ports voyages return 30% extra trade goods or resources, until the end of the month.
- Ports offer 25 voyages a day instead of 15, until the end of the month.
- Double produce points at Livid Farm.
26th May - 1st June - Dungeoneering Week:
- Double dungeoneering tokens, including Sinkholes.
- +50% base Sinkholes XP.
Each Friday, we'll give you full details of the weekend on the RuneScape news feed. Keep an eye out for your favourite skills and activities, and get involved!
Every RuneScape member gets access to all of the above throughout May. Have fun, and be sure to let us know your thoughts over on the forums.
The RuneScape Team