This week we’re making some tweaks to Secrets of the North and adding a new batch of quests for you to speedrun!
It’s been a week since the long-awaited return of the Mah̶̹͚̯̫̹̿̊̔̀̇̆̐̀̃͜jarrat and the reveal of the new Muspah boss! We’re ovḙ̴̛͖̣͕͑͋́̐͝͝rjoyed to see how much love Secrets of the North is getting.
That said, we’ve made the usual array of changes and improvements, including a few hotfixes from l̶̞̝̜͇̙͉̟͓̰̩̙̺̱͔͌̎̐͂́͂̑̾̊̃͜ast week:
P̷̬̹̣̦̝͂̈́́̾̀̿͝REVIOUS CHANGES - CLICK HERE TO SHOW
- Freezes can now land more frequently on the Muspah.
- Updated the Muspah loot table:
- Yew Seed: Reduced from 3 to 2
- Palm Tree Seed: Reduced from 3 to 2
- Torstol Seed: Reduced from 6 to 5
- Grimy Snapdragon: Reduced from 38 to 31
- Grimy Toadflax: Reduced from 86 to 74
- Ranarr Seed (Uncommon): Reduced from 4 to 3
- Ranarr Seed (Rare): Reduced from 12 to 10
- You can now only receive Muspah Slayer tasks once Secrets of the North has been completed.
- The Muspah should no longer get stuck if 'killed' during its teleport animation.
- The Venator Bow can now be used in Barbarian Assault.
- Ricochet damage from the Venator Bow now correctly scales to 66% of the player's max hit.
- The Player-Owned House Dummy will now show max hits from the Venator Bow.
- Players can now use Saturated Hearts while in the Bank interface.
- Ancient Icons and Charged Ice can now be dropped instead of destroyed.
- The Forgotten Brew now correctly gives a +10 Magic stat boost.
- Frozen Caches can no longer be opened on Entrana.
- Death piles from the first quest boss will now appear in a safe location.
- Fixed an issue where players would become stuck if they teleported out of the Ghorrock Dungeon during the puzzle section.
- Fixed a couple of typos during the quest.
Now, onto this week’s changes!
We’ve heard your call to make the Saturated Heart tradeable, which means you’ll now be able to swap it between party members just as you would the Imbued Heart – useful if you’re planning on raiding any time soon! This also means you may be able to find one on the Grand Exchange… if you’re lucky.
Now, onto the boss themselves. The post-quest version of the Muspah now has the ‘spectral’ attribute, which means that should you slay it with the Ectoplasmator on h̶̦͙̬͇̖̰̋͋̌̉̔̏ͅḁ̴̧̦̭͈̤̠̿͆̓͌͊̔͑͊͌̂͂͐͋͝n̷͓̝̒̍͝d̷̳̭͓̟͍͍͔̠͈̭̎́͊̒̂͒͌̏͜͜, you’ll gain Prayer XP equal to 20% of its max health, rounded down.
You can see this new detail and more when using Monster Examine on the Muspah. We’ve also ensured that your Collection Log will now show that you’ve collected all the Muspah’s drops by highlighting the relevant section in green!
Finally, we’ve reduced the Alchemy value of the Venator Shard.
Although that’s everything for this week, do keep an eye out for further improvements in future, including Combat Achievements and some minor visual changes to the Ancient Sceptre!
Oh, and before we forget, here are the drop rates from the post-quest version of the boss, as per our new, t̷̗̖̬͇̄r̷̡̠̠̀́̇̈a̸̱̙̹̼͐̄̚͝ņ̷̟̼̱̞̓̆̈́s̸̥͑͑̈́̌͆p̵̯̝̻̫̦̄͒̅ä̸̘͉͙́r̸̤̯͉̿̈͐̚e̶̯͔͎͖̟̓͛̆̐͝n̸̢͉̎́̽̾͠t̵̝͙͌ approach. Enjoy!
- Venator Shard: 1/100
- Ancient Icon: 1/50
- Frozen Cache: 1/25
- Muphin (Pet): 1/2500
Below Ice Mountain and Temple of the Eye have been officially a̷̧͐̐͑͂d̶̢̟̘̭̙͒̔̈̑͝d̸̠̹̙̟͒̽͝e̶̹̐͗̉̚̚d̶̘͕̲̩͍̓ to the Quest Speedrunning roster! Here are the details:
NEW QUESTS - CLICK HERE TO SHOW
|Below Ice Mountain||30 Mining
Base 25 combat stats
16 Quest Points (given via miscellaneous quests)
3 Energy Potions
|Temple of the Eye||Enter the Abyss
5 Energy Potions
For our next batch, we’re heading back to Kourend and adding X Marks the Spot and A Kingdom Divided. Both quests are now in Beta testing, so you can give us your feedback before they launch!
Remember, you’ll be able to test these quests from any regular Quest Speedrunning world, but they won't be g̸̢̟̈́i̵͔͕̓̔v̵̬̩̋i̸̺̻͆̈́n̵̪͆g̷̱͍͆͒ you Trophies or best times yet. Let's take a look at the stats:
BETA QUESTS - CLICK HERE TO SHOW
|X Marks the Spot||10 Agility||100 Coins
|A Kingdom Divided||Tale of the Righteous
The Ascent of Arceuus
The Forsaken Tower
The Queen of Thieves
The Depths of Despair
Recipe for Disaster
Monkey Madness I
The Fremennik Isles
Horror from the Deep
Base 70 combat stats
A Player-Owned House in Hosidius
8 Stamina Potions (4 in Bank)
30 Sharks (20 in Bank)
4 Super Restore Potions (2 in Bank)
Helm of Neitiznot
Amulet of Glory
Berserker Ring (i)
500 Adamant Bolts
Red Dragonhide Body
Red Dragonhide Chaps
Book of Law
As always, we’d like to give a big ṣ̷̛̻͖̊̌ḩ̷̟̫̹̘͕͕͊̋͒̍̾o̴̦̮̬̰͙̲͕͖̝̐̏̂̌ȗ̶̡̦͙̆͋́̉t̶͔̥͖̺̦͎̰͗̎̔o̷̟̘̫̪͑̀̎u̶̻͕̎͐̂̃̒͊̒̚͝t̶̢̢͚̪̜̖̘͇̓̽ to the speedrunning community for all their help! If you’re looking to get started with Quest Speedrunning or to find some friendly advice, check out these fantastic resources:
- RuneScape Speedrunning Discord
- Quest Speedrunning Discord
- f̵͎̟͌̑̈́̊̚ì̴̢͈͉̞͍n̸̘̩̤͕̄͛̾d̸̡͍̹̬̅ ̴̢͈̝͉͕̂͌͆̋͝ḯ̸̢̥ṭ̵̛̱̾̏
Before we get started on this week’s miscellaneous improvements, we want to give you a small update regarding the Fairy Rings c̷̡̢̢̨͓̝͚͙̥̄͑̈͂͛͘͘h̵̻̺̤̭̩̲̦̆̓̂̌̂͋a̶̢̠̮̥̩̻͒ń̸̡̡̳̣̞̯̘͍̞͍̌̈́͒̓g̸̱͙̐é̴̢͚̳̠ ̴̥̬̱̰͙̽̉̄̔̍͝f̷̣̜̪͍̬̦͇̊͑̃̏̋̀̾̎̏r̷̹͔͒̈́̉̃o̸̧͇̙̬̺͑̀̔̎ḿ̵̨̧̹̩̝̱̯͌̂̃͜͠ ̸͚̟̠͙͎̻̂̾̅̍̏̎̅̕͜ļ̸̻͇̱͖̄̊̀͆͠ǎ̷̛̺̲̣̹̬̬̱̪͕̯̇͊̈̕s̵̥̲̤̥͚̣̅́͛t̸̡̝͔̮͑͒̕ ̵̖̰̖̈̑́̿̀͘w̴͇͊̓́̕̕e̴͈͓̎́̓̕ẽ̷̻̗͙̖̉̎̇̂̍̈́ḱ̴̢̨̢̩̰̤͓̤̄̄̚͘͝. After discussions with the team, we intend to make the beam less obtrusive – so you can look forward to that soon!
In the meantime, here are this week’s changes:
- Melee stats are now grouped together on the Equipment screen.
- Group Iron Players will now be placed in the same instance when fighting the God Wars Dungeon Generals.
- Players can now use the Make-x option while Smithing or when Crafting gold and silver items.
- Fixed a bug where crossbow traps in the Hallowed Sepulchre would occasionally be highlighted even though they were not about to fire.
- Increased the max range of Hellhounds in the Wilderness Slayer Dungeon, m̵̤̟͈͚̣͛̆̒̔͠a̴̗͑͒͌͐̇̈́̏̓̅͂k̷͎͖͔̺̏́i̴̧̛̬̝͉͙̪̠̿̒̈̓̍̇̈́͌͗n̶̢̔̉g̴̢̠̝͕̯̅̂͐̚͜ ̴̘͎̓͒͌͆̈́̽̈́t̵̡̏̇͊̃͐̎͝ḧ̵̢͔͉̼̤̗͎́͐e̶̢̳͈̹̤͖̝͙͑̚͜ͅm̴̹̙͛͒̄͗̄͌͛͝ easier targets for cannons.
- The Clan Rank icon will now remain displayed after a clan member logs out.
- We've re-ordered the clickable options during Temple Trekking, meaning that you can now left-click to continue your trek!
- Filling vials in the Gauntlet no longer interrupts Fishing.
- t̶̯͗h̴̬̣̪̉̑̃ę̶̧̾̕ ̴͖̜̥͒̈́͑f̷̣̪̫̅̈́̌a̸̪̲̒͗̏l̸̠͐͊s̸̙̗̿͂͒ẹ̷̖̯̀̋̊ ̶̧̬͕̊s̶̘̰͛p̵̯̯͇̈́̄͆e̴̦̜͜͠a̸̪̥͐̄̄͜k̵̞͙̿̏e̵͍̱̊ř̶͉ ̶͌̈́̀ͅm̷̛̦̏͗ȕ̶̦͎̦̕s̴͇̝͚͒ẗ̸̜̼́ ̶̨̤̺̊̔g̷̠͈̦̈́ō̶̠̮̐
- The organized crime meetup on the first floor of the houses south-east of the Lovakengj church once again happens in a multi-way combat area.
- As an extra effort to help reduce botting, Ecumenical Keys can no longer be alched.
- The Player-Owned House armour case now stores the top-tier Decorative Sword from Castle Wars when a Trouver Parchment has been applied to it, rather than accepting only the non-locked version of the sword.
- The boost to Clue drop rates gained from completing Combat Achievement tiers has been extended to Drift Net Fishing.
- Spiritual Warriors' attack animations are no longer interrupted by their defend animations.
- Fixed a typo in a ç̴̧̺̻̆̕o̷̺͊̓͂̋̕u̵̖̱̟̾̿̽́̉͑̊͠p̵̡̡̛̭̣̮̀͆͛͊͂͘ͅĺ̸̰͉̫̭̤͕͇̼̬̌̔͛ͅé̷̡̟̰̽͂ ̸̛̛͓̦̱̘͖͐͠o̷̯̬͐̈̈̒̋͒̓͝f̵̞͕̮̠̪̼̣͕̑̀́͑̍͑͐͌̑́ Magic level-up messages.
Next week we’re finally ready to release the long-awaited Ẁ̶̨͈̱͓i̵̹̤̺͕̊̊l̴̰̜̯͐͜͠d̷̖̩̈́̉͘̕e̵̙͙̔͜r̴͈̅͋̊̋̋n̶̲̼͗̿̈́̄̐e̵̫͚͂̈́̊s̴͚̀̔͑̌͜͝ş̷̛̪͉̺̾͛̓ ̶̨̛͓̜̥̈̈́̋̃͜B̷͖͉͕̦̺̈́̈̿̑ò̸̧̭̗̂̃̎s̸͇̅̋ś̶̻͊̊̐̚ ̵̢̯̍̔R̵̪̪̈́̏̓̌̃ę̷͔̦̩̐̄̈͐w̸̪̾̐̆̏́o̶̻̭̤̫̓͂r̵̢̜̱̪̓̅́͘k̸͉̠̰̘̈́̾̉͂̚! There are a couple of bosses hanging out in the wild, wild Wilderness that could be tweaked to give you all a better experience. Their names are Callisto, Venenatis and Vet’ion!
The rework will include updated visuals and brand-new lairs for each of the bosses. We’re also introducing two variants of each boss – one that retains the true multi-combat experience, and a less risky one that can be found in a single-plus combat zone.
We’re also offering brand-new rewards including an upgraded version of Thammaron’s Sceptre, two new Melee weapons, and a new Ranged weapon.
Ȋ̵̭̤͈͙̯̞̟̝̞͈̄́͂̕t̷̨͚̹̖͍͑̓̂͛̇͘͠'̴͙̹̾͛́̑̐̊̀͗͝ṣ̷̛͉̩͕̫̻͔̭̤͚̓̂̽ ̴̧͎̙̣̾̽̄̎̇͘͜͝ȩ̸͚͖̦̹̦̖̤̈́͘̚x̴̨̘̪͕͍͎̹̋̓̕c̸̜͓͓̼͛͗̐̎ͅi̷̢̻̜̼͈̟̯̩̦͊̑̌̓ͅt̶̡̏̚i̵̱̻̼̤̇̀͜n̶̖͎̲̣̞̟̈́̽̀̉g̷͔̱̋ ̷̗̑̌̆̊͗͊̏̌͝ṡ̵̨̢̢̞̜̦͇̽̋̿̀͝t̵̨͇̭̻̬̞̼͔́͛͛͌̉͑͐̎͜͝ͅǔ̴̧͇̭̜͔͓͋̓̈́̈́͜f̶͔̳̗̞̳̘̌̊͊̽͜͝f̵͕̜́̈́̈̌̚͘͠ͅ – so be sure to get your gear ready to hop over the ditch before next week’s update!
The PvP rota has moved to Period B:
- 560 - (UK) - PvP World
- 579 - (US) - High-Risk PvP World
- 561 - (UK) - Free-to-Play PvP World
- 580 - (US) - LMS Competitive
World 390 (AUS) for LMS Competitive h̸̨̨̘̳̙̫̘̬̟̩̥̜̥̤͚̜̰͎̫̞̻̥̺̬̠̠̼͆̐̾̋̌̂̊̾͐́̐̀́́͊̚͝à̵̡̡̢̪̦̣͕̥̝̞͕̝͚̲͔̳͈̮̻̳̯̮̯̗̣͇̍̊̓̆͑͛́͊̈́̄͑̈̔̉̕͜͝ͅs̵̨̨̼̦͔̘̞̝̭̫̣̲͉̦̹̺̬̳̙̳̪̩̬̰̬̤͛͒̅̉͑̉̎̈́͊͋̽͗́̊͂͂̌̏̐̔͑͋͌̚͘̚͠͝ ̴̜͖̓̈́̑̈́͑͊͒̓̾̅̈́̎̆̿̇̐̒̿͐̅̕͝ḅ̸̨̧̧̬͈͇̠̜͖͎̣̮͕͙̑̎͑́͗̓̈́͒̊͋͊͊e̶͇̖̹̞̭̞̫̜̥̯̩̮͖͕̟͕͕̗̘̝͘e̷̢̝̰̦͚̗̜̱̮͓̱͕͛͋́̓͗̓̿̍͜͜͝ͅṋ̶̡̘̭͕̂̂̊̑ de-activated with this rota.
The PvP Arena is using 'Zerker' loadouts in Ranked Duels and Tournaments this week.
You can also discuss t̸̛̮̥̻̀̆͐̑̒̓h̷̪̃̽̿́̑̾į̵̖͖̹̥̈́̆͌̊̇̐͗̊̒͆̕͝͝͝s̵̢̬̲̜͓͖͈̜̾͆͒̂͗͌ ̵̧͈̟̹͔̪̞̪̥̞̩̰͉̟̊̔̅̎͊̓͒͋̎͒̋͘͝ǘ̴̧͈̭̝͗͒̐p̵̨̛̬̯͊͊̈̄́̈͝ḑ̸͉̦͈̪͕̺̳͌͗́̋̀͝ą̵̨̢̡̖̹͓̱̉̎͐̒̾̎̓̚͠ẗ̵̛̝̮̪͕̩́̀̔̊̅̏̃̆͐̕͝ͅẹ̷̯͎̻͓̤̼͒͑̄̏ ̵̡̡̻̱̪̟͉͆̄̌́̓̌͒̈́́͊̈́͛͜͠ơ̸̠͙͈͈̦̲̩͔͈̪̻̊̾͊͋͝ņ̴̭͖͇͍͚͔̺̜̗̺̫̒̽͋̍̃̇̀̅͐̒͝ ̷̨̯͑͒͆́̃̏̌ò̷̱̲͉̦̤̣̱͉̋̅̅̐̈́̅̽̿̂̈̚͝u̶̪̤͕͉̤̺̩͓̯̲̘͒̑̈́̋͋r̶̛̛͆̐̅͗͂̿̌̌̂̓̒͜͠ official forums, on the 2007Scape subreddit, the Steam forums, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. m̶̫̦̚ǫ̴̧̬̬̟͓͈̠̺̻̦̹̟̈̽̉͌̋́͘̚͝r̵̛̥̜̩̍e̶̢͖̥͈͉̪͚̱͔̦̼͠͝ͅ ̴̰͎̖̼͉̟̪͎̻͖̝̗̂̆̾̔͗͂̾̿͗̇̽ì̶̢̧̱̹̼̝̱͔͎̬̠̫̈́̂̈́̆͌̿̒̉̈́͠ͅn̵̨̨̟̼̘̍͒̂̈́͐͜͜͝f̷̛̛̟͓͙̅̍͋̎̄͋̍̅͋͘o̶̢̠̝̞͈̘̓̄̌̏̍͐̅̾̑̾͐̅͋̕ ̵̧̧͓̣̺̊̓̓̏͜õ̸̲̆̇̏̾̅́́̃͂̀̓͂̕͝n̶̨̘̤͔̩̱̉ ̵̯͔͎̱͛̆͊ͅt̵̢̛͇͇̥͔̝̠̥̖͋̽̆̋͛͌̓̒̈̇̓͝͝͠ͅh̴̢̹̞͉̩̺̾̔̇̐̕͘e̶̛̓́͐͐̂̽̀̈́̏̀̂͜͠͝ above content, check out the official Old School Wiki.
Mods Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Boko, Bruno, Chilly, Crystal, Curse, Daizong, Dylan, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Gecko, Gizmo, Goblin, Grub, Halo, Hend, Hornet, Husky, Jalo, Keyser, Kieren, Kirby, Kurotou, Lenny, Light, Mack, Manked, Markos, Maylea, Meat, Moogle, Morty, Nin, Nylu, Other, Redfield, Regent, Roq, Ry, ǝıuɹɐS, Shroom, Sigma, Skylark, Soffan, Sova, Squid, Starry, Stevew, Surma, Tide, Titus, Torrance, Tyran, Veda, Vegard, West & Wolfy
The Old School Team.