Valentine hearts are appearing all over Gielinor, and are available on the Squeal of Fortune. Collect them up and trade them for a bevy of Valentine’s Day-themed prizes! If that’s not your thing, no need to worry – even if you hate Valentine’s Day, there’s something for you here.
Hearts can be found randomly on monsters, while skilling, and can be won on Squeal of Fortune too. They’re tradeable and will appear in-game and on the Squeal of Fortune from Thursday 14th February 00:00 GMT until Monday 25th February 23:59 GMT. There’s an increased chance to win Valentine hearts on Squeal of Fortune on Valentine’s Day itself, and from Friday 22nd to Monday 25th February inclusive, so be sure to spin then.
On the lovey-dovey, pro-Valentine’s side of things, goodies available in exchange for hearts are:
- Lovestruck pendant: this applies an XP boost as your train one of your five highest levelled skills.
- Cupid bow: a ranged weapon, which can be switched between different versions to suit various Ranged levels.
- Love at First Sight emote.
Occupying the darker side of the spectrum are the anti-Valentine’s, hate-themed prizes:
- Heartbreak pendant: this gives one of your five lowest levelled skills an XP boost while you train.
- Rosethorn wand and broken heart: a wand and off-hand orb; also upgradeable as with the Cupid bow.
- Jealous Rage emote.
What’s more, you can exchange hearts for chocolates, which heal life points and come in 6 delicious flavours, each granting a specific skill a temporary +2 boost! There's even a Valentine's surprise in store for a certain sweet-tooth, too - you are what you eat, after all!
Click on a heart in your inventory and hit ‘Send’ to open the shop and access the full range of Valentine’s and anti-Valentine's rewards.
Valentine hearts will stop appearing for collection after Monday 25th February. However, you’ll be able to trade them for rewards for a month from today: until 23:59 GMT on the 13th of March 2013. You’ll find full details on the official FAQ.
The RuneScape Team
Discuss this here.