This week we’re mostly focused on patches to keep the game ticking over nicely - plus there's a nifty new pet up for grabs…
Tweaks, updates and enhancements
Call it spring cleaning if you like - this week’s update is all about the little fixes that make a big difference. From lighting enhancements and graphical tweaks to bug mashing and even correcting the odd typo, these changes keep Gielinor looking smooth, pretty and grammatically accurate.
Head for the Patch Notes section for the full list!
In-game goodies from the makers of your favourite peripherals!
We've once again teamed up with leading game peripherals innovators SteelSeries to bring you a bundle of stylish and useful in-game goodies - including the toughest pet you’ve ever seen!
Head to the SteelSeries website when the promotion starts on April 27th to get your hands on the magnificent Battleworn Steel Unicorn, plus the following:
- 15 Treasure Hunter Keys*
- 200 RuneCoins
- 5 Knowledge Bombs*
Here's what to do:
- Login or register on the SteelSeries site.
- Download and Install SteelSeries'GG Software.
- Click 'Get Key' in the GG Software.
- Copy the key.
- Follow redemption instructions on RuneScape.com.
Promotion is available from April 27th. *Ironman accounts are ineligible.
It's that simple! We hope to see you strutting around with your shiny new pets soon….
We're conducting some planned maintenance to all game world servers on Tuesday April 25th. This will begin at 11:00am BST (10:00 Game Time) and last approximately 3 hours. During this time access to the website may also be affected.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
Pick a plunder!
Starts April 27th | Ends May 1st | Loot Rooms
Pick your plunder. Do you take your chances with a Rainbow Chest? Or play it safe with a good ol' Rune Chest? Are cosmetics your deal? Then take the Antique Chest. The choice is yours…
Starts May 2nd | Ends May 3rd | Mysteria
Check back regularly as the promotions will be switching throughout the day!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Hotfix - Players can once again build the fort wall next to the Guardhouse.
- Hotfix - The instant kill buff from the tier 3 Guardhouse no longer applies to the KBD Wilderness event. Our bad ...
- The Edimmu room is now accessible with suitable Slayer Tasks such as ghost, zombie, undead, Creatures of Daemonheim, and Edimmu selected.
- Fixed a spawn animation issue with risen ghosts.
- Risen ghosts' combat XP has been reduced to bring them in line with the intended XP per hour.
- Doubled the chance of the player receiving a special Raptor assignment, with the chance to get it now set to 1/50
- The chance to receive a special Raptor assignment still increases by 1 after every consecutive task you complete.
- Fetid Zombies' texture has been tweaked to differentiate them from standard Zombies.
- Fixed multiple typos, such as examine text on one of the skeletons in the recently added crypt - the text no longer references the Everlight defense.
- Updated the World Map icon description for the Unwelcome Guests quest.
- Zemouregal's Undead are now correctly tracked and will show as 1 kill per enemy.
- Added the Guardhouse Fort building to Bill's Building Status panel, and included the tier benefits.
Skill Pure Accommodations
- The Constitution requirement on the following abilities has been lowered from 10, allowing them to be used by 9 Constitution accounts:
- Weapon Special Attack
- Ingenuity of the Humans
- Demon Slayer
- Undead Slayer
- Slayer's Insight
- Kuradel's Favour
- Essence of Finality.
- The cancel button on Nastroth's skill selection interface for XP blocking and minor resets now goes back to Nastroth's dialogue options, instead of re-displaying the interface.
- To accommodate players who wish to lower their XP to a specific value for sentimental reasons, when choosing a minor reset, Nastroth now has a prompt to enter the specific XP value you'd like.
- Fixed an issue making some animations unlit.
- Improved the visual quality of water effects.
- Improved legacy particle system expiration behaviour.
- Adjusted NPC pathfinding.
- Removed support for ChromeOS.
- Fixed an issue causing lighting in the north of Dorgesh-Kaan to fluctuate in brightness.
- Resolved some lighting issues with the grass model in Fort Forinthry so it doesn't have very dark sides.
- The Chaotic Swiftness animation no longer stalls players after use.
- Fixed an issue with the Farming Guild Request showing incorrect times when the timer reaches two days or less. Timers should now update as expected.
- The Twitch link in the in-game calendar now links to the correct page.
- Corrected two typos in the Mysterious Letter during the Murder on the Border quest.
- Swapped the tier 1 and tier 3 fireplace models in the Fort Forinthry Town Hall back to their intended progression.
- Wilderness threat items have been made untradable by any means from one player to another, or on the Grand Exchange.
- When unlocking the Dark Lord title, the chat phrase now ends with a full stop.
- Removed redundant quotation mark from the Dragon Slayer Ability Codex requirement of the Draught Includer achievement.
- The Build Them All! achievement for building all Treasure Trail hidey-holes will now consistently trigger when building the final one.
- A login check has been added to fix players who were affected.
The latest goings-on from our community
@Mobid Medic is working their way through a World Wakes to help make their K'ril Tsutsaroth grind a little smoother."is working their way through a World Wakes to help make their K'ril Tsutsaroth grind a little smoother.
@Firedusk5 looks to his next challenge as a HCIM, and how he's preparing for what's to come....
@jcrs3314 has locked themselves to a chunk until they earn a Unique item in that chunk worth 5 million GP, with the goal of completing some very high end quests. Reckon they'll do it?
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday April 24th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Fort Forinthry
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
- Hosted by: Miss Misty
- Date/Time: Wednesday April 26th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 60
- Location: Edgeville Bank
- FC: Miss Misty
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday April 29th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!