Nyriki Tapio is a gnome on a mission to hunt the biggest of game - plutonial chinchompas! These rare beasts exist in isolated habitats, and have just one weakness: food!
Nyriki will show up periodically at hunting spots across Gielinor and ask for your help in capturing one of these ravenous rodents. Once you've met him, he'll take you to the chinchompa's lair. When inside, you'll need to capture soporith moths - the chinchompa's food of choice - and feed them to the chinchompa in its nest. Once its belly's full and its cheeks can hold no more, the beast will fall into a slumber, and victory will be yours!
You'll get XP for feeding moths to the chinchompa - which are found flying around the cave, in shaking branches covered in pupae, and attracted by brandishing one of the protea flowers native to the chinchompa's habitat - as well as an increase in your score. Higher-level moths yield greater rewards, so be sure to grab the best ones that you can.
The game ends after 20 minutes, or when the chinchompa falls asleep. When you leave, you'll be awarded competence points, which can be spent on rewards at Mieliki's store in the Tree Gnome Stronghold. If you leave before the game ends, however, you can still visit Mieliki's store to trade in your current point total.
Best among these rewards are tickets, each granting you a catch at the Tapios' private hunting grounds. Grenwalls, pawyas and polar kebbits (a high-level version, needing box traps) are all yours for the hunting. You can even invite your friends, using a communications device within the hunting grounds. Other rewards include snape grass, flax, swamp toads, and a cosmetic protea flower, wieldable outside the D&D.
Nyriki can't do it without you, so let the fur fly!
How to Start Hunting Big Chinchompas
Find Nyriki at hunting spots around the world, or speak to Mieliki in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
You must be a member.
No level is required, but capturing better moths requires a range of increasing Hunter levels.Some private hunting grounds are only available to those who have started Regicide.
Behind the Scenes
If you haven't already, you can see a preview of the Big Chinchompa D&D in our recent Behind the Scenes video:
In Other News
- All 4 tiers of the 'Tracker' aura are now 30% off!
- We've rebalanced the Runespan to give the greatest rewards to those who actively seek to get the most out of the content. Those hunting down the best nodes and participating in the D&Ds will now enjoy the highest XP and point returns available:
- Point gain from siphoning from creatures has been reduced.
- Nodes move more often, and take longer to respawn once depleted.
- Siphoning from runespheres now yields twice the rune dust that it did before. There's also a mouse-over tooltip on the runesphere icon, revealing which floor it's on.
- The XP gain from handing in rune dust has been increased to 25 XP per dust.
Discuss this here.
View the Patch Notes Archive here.