This week, you’ll get the chance to fully explore the Isle of Souls.
Following last month’s poll, the Isle of Souls has been expanded to include new areas, amenities, and monsters. Shall we go on a tour?
MONSTERS AND AMENITIES
The following amenities can now be found on the Isle of Souls:
- Trees: maple, yew, teak and mahogany
- Rocks: clay, copper, tin, iron, silver, gold, coal and mithril
- Fishing spots: net/harpoon, net/bait and cage/harpoon
- Hunter spots: crimson swifts, copper longtails and grey chinchompas
- Water source
- An anvil
- Rare impling spawn
To make use of all those resources, you’ll have the option to build both a spinning wheel and a pottery wheel.
There’s also three new Clue Scroll steps pointing to locations on the island.
In addition, the following monsters are now roaming the island:
- Sand crabs
- Moss giants
Slayers will notice that Konar is now assigning tasks to slay the monsters on the Isle of Souls. These monsters can be found in the dungeon. Down we go!
The new dungeon can be found on the eastern side of the island. The following creatures can be found within:
- Lesser demons
- Greater demons
- Fire giants
- Blue dragons
- Baby blue dragons
- Iron dragons
Konar is particularly interested in the greater demons, fire giants, blue dragons and iron dragons.
You can also find adamantite and runite rocks in the dungeon – but watch your back!
Lastly, the dungeon contains a chest that requires 28 Thieving to open – although there’s always a chance of failure, which can result in you being teleported out of the dungeon. You can, of course, use a lockpick to improve your chances of success.
Successfully looting the chest will net you 150 Thieving XP and an item from a new loot table, which includes the Dark Key.
What’s that for? Come this way – and watch your step!
THE CRUMBLING TOWER
This ancient ruin is overflowing with a new kind of monster - forgotten souls. They count as ghosts for Slayer Tasks and are treated as spectral creatures by the Ectoplasmator. Hoovering them up will get you something from their loot table.
In the basement of the tower you can find a chest, which you’ll need a Dark Key to open. Upon doing so, you’ll receive 1,500 Thieving XP and an item from a new loot table. Incidentally, you can right-click the chest to see how many times you’ve opened it so far.
That’s all for the tour, but stick around to see what changes we’ve made to Soul Wars this week!
The Soul Wars guide and tutorial have been updated to reference the new waiting rooms, as well as the changes to the cooldown to leave Graveyards and Bases after death.
You can now purchase blighted items from the Soul Wars Reward Shop for 10 Zeal a piece. They can’t be sold back again or used within the Soul Wars arena – but you can use them in the Wilderness. Mmm, delicious corruption!
The PvP world rota has moved to Period A.
- The host for the High Risk PvP world will be W343 (Germany)
- The host for the Standard PvP world will be W324 (US West)
- The host for the free-to-play PvP world, W117 (US East)
- The members-only LMS world will be W333 (UK)
- The free-to-play LMS world will be W469 (US East)
The Equipment Rebalance beta worlds are no longer available. We want to thank everybody for their participation over the last week. All feedback is being considered and will be conveyed in a new blog coming very soon.
- Probita’s menu now shows the price for reclaiming pets.
- The Hosidius Kitchen with the buffed range has once again been flagged as a safe area on PvP worlds.
- The Crafting skill guide now shows the correct name for splitbark gauntlets.
- Corrected spelling in ‘A Porcine of Interest’ and ‘X Marks the Spot’.
- Corrected grammar in the recipe scrolls for swampbark and bloodbark.
- Corrected grammar in the ‘Bloody Notes’.
Discuss this update on our official forums, the community-led 2007Scape Reddit, or the community-led OSRS Discord in the #gameupdate channel. For reference on the above content, check out the official Wiki.
Mods Acorn, Arcane, Archie, Argo, Ash, Ayiza, Banjo, Boko, Bonsai, Brow, Bruno, Curse, Daizong, Deagle, Dibber, Ditto, Ed, Elena, Errol, Fed, Flippy, Gayns, Gecko, Gee, Grub, Halo, Husky, Jndr, John C, Kandosii, Katies, Kieren, Kirby, Lenny, Light, Lottie, Mack, Maylea, MikeD, Morty, Nasty, Nin, Oasis, Roq, Ry, Sarnie, Squid, Steve W, Sween, Tide, Vegard, West, Wolfy & Zuko
The Old School Team