We’ll be busy training our skills this week, as it’s the return of Double XP: LIVE! Make sure you get involved – and reap extra benefits in War’s Reckoning. Read on for all the details…
Double XP: LIVE
It's time to train for double the gain!
Attention skillers! Double XP: LIVE lands on Friday, February 18th at 12:00 Game Time. This is your chance to enjoy 48 hours of Double XP on any skill. Use your time over 10 days, and pause the timer whenever you like!
Remember, we’ve got new Slayer Creatures arriving at the end of the month and you’ll need 95/105/115 Slayer to tackle them, so this is the perfect moment to get training. Plus, you’ll go even further if you skill in combination with War’s Reckoning – more on that below.
Oh, and do you need any Proteans or other skilling items? Look out for our 'Time to Train' Treasure Hunter promotion, which will be back from the 17th!
Event: War's Reckoning
Make the most of War's buffs
War’s Reckoning is here, and you’ll have noticed that it runs until February 28th, which is… hmm… gosh, would you look at that… all through the 10 days of Double XP LIVE!
Well you know what they say, there’s no such thing as a coincidence – and sure enough there are some neat synergies between the two events. Enjoy double Slayer and Reaper Points, and benefit from War’s extra special Safe Deaths – like Free Deaths but even better, because you respawn with your items intact!
Please note that Safe Deaths are not available for Hardcore Ironmen or F2P and as mentioned last week the +50% Slayer XP from tasks will be disabled during Double XP LIVE.
Find out more about War’s Reckoning in our February blog: https://rs.game/TheAbyssalBreach
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
We’re having a week off!
We'll miss you too. See you next week.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Fixed an issue which prevented the following items from being used with Magic Notepaper:
- Uncut Lapis Lazuli
- Lapis Lazuli Gem
- Wooden Knot
- Unfinished Wooden Brooch
- Raw Bear Meat
- Pot of Flour
- Chocolate Bar
- Chocolate Dust
- Bucket of Milk
- Cooked Meat
- Cooked Chicken
- Raw Beef
- Raw Rat Meat
- Raw Chicken
- Cooking Apple
- Raw Potato
- Equa Leaves
- Pot of Cream
- Pineapple Ring
- Pineapple Chunks
- Orange Chunks
- Lime Chunks
- Raw Rabbit
- Cooked Sweetcorn
- Bittercap Mushroom
- The Defence Pylons in Temple of Aminishi are now working, and attacking players, as originally intended.
- Using Tarddian Crystals on Attuned Crystal Boots works properly.
- Increased the range of loot-sharing so that all players within a multi-combat boss encounter are given rewards upon the boss's defeat. This will also prevent a single player obtaining all drops from a group boss fight.
- Waterfiend no longer disappears after activating its ability while fishing Wobbegongs.
- Fixed an issue where the Winter Wood Wand would float during various animations if sheathed.
The latest goings-on from our community
Our fabulously talented community serves up another batch of fantastic art!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday February 14th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
General Graardor Hardmode
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday, February 19th, 13:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: God Wars Dungeon – Bandos Lobby
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Sunday, February 20th, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 88
- Location: Elder God Wars – Glacor Front
- FC: Boss Guild
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!