Golden Party Hat Hunt
The hunt is on!
We’re closing out our 20th anniversary year with a very special celebration: the chance for you to make a super-rare, dazzling, tradeable Golden Party Hat!
Starting today and running for the next six weeks, you’ll have various options throughout RuneScape for collecting shards. Once you've got eight of them, you’ll be ready to create the most sought-after headgear in all of Gielinor!
There are 11 shards available in total - check the Golden Party Hat Hunt Interface to see how you can get more (and track the ones you’ve already earned). Oh, and by the way, if you’ve joined Premier Club 2022 you already have a head start with a bonus shard from us to say thanks!
Start by visiting the Wise Old Man at the Grand Exchange in Varrock. The Golden Party Hat Hunt runs for six weeks until January 3rd – so get going now to snatch a bit of RuneScape history!
Q: Is leveling a skill necessary to gain a shard?
A: Nope! You earn shards while training any skill, so just go about your regular activities!
Q: Can we obtain multiple shards from the same activity?
A: Each skill only rewards one shard, so you'll need to mix up your skilling activities to earn them.
Q: Do I need Membership to access the shards and make the Party Hat?
A: To secure your Golden Party Hat, you'll need to be a RuneScape Member and obtain eight of a possible 11 shards spread across the game.
Q: Are Ironman players able to participate?
A: Ironman players will be able to create their own hat - however, they will not be able to trade it.
Q: Some of the shards come from drops but I have terrible luck. What is the likelihood I won’t be able to finish it?
A: Slim! While there is an element of RNG to collecting the shards, they also have in-built 'bad luck' protection. As you continue to train a skill or complete clue scrolls, the likelihood of getting a shard grows exponentially. Essentially, it's our intent that players who are actively playing throughout this event will be able to create their own hat without too much worry
Q: Will Protean items drop the shards?
A: Yes, Protean items will be able to drop their relevant shards.
Q: Where can I buy the shard that's for sale?
A: Nic the Trader will sell you a shard! You can find him at the Grand Exchange.
Q: Does the clue shard come from completing a Clue Scroll or from the Casket?
A: The shard will come from completing a Clue Scroll.
Once Upon A Time In Gielinor: Finale
Our anniversary quest series reaches its conclusion
The concluding episode of our anniversary quest series is here! We’ve been following the story of Relomia over the course of 2021, and it’s been quite a ride – now it’s time to help her pick up the pieces and discover her true self in Once Upon A Time In Gielinor: Finale.
To play, you’ll first need to complete the first three instalments in the series: Foreshadowing, Flashback and Fortunes.
The final quest will be worth four juicy Quest Points. It’s a must-play for Quest Point Cape owners because it lets you access the penultimate reward from May’s Quest Caravan – including a T5 Magical Dice!
Finale also yields some stunning cosmetic rewards – oh, and one of those all-important Golden Party Hat shards!
Ready? Get started by talking to Closure in his office.
Updated Menaphos City Quests and changes to pets
The Ninjas have dropped in on Menaphos for some City Quest updates, and converted your Soul Wars pets!
Menaphos City Quests now have updated cooldown times that vary depending on your reputation tier - with no cooldown at all once you hit tier 8. Your Enhancers have also been buffed to make them more valuable.
Plus, Soul Wars pets can now be used as follower pets!
See the Patch Notes section for the full details.
Prime Gaming November
Umbral Chests and currency this way!
Time to grab your Prime Gaming goodies for November! This month you get four Umbral Chests and a handy Currency Pack to keep you ‘Scaping like a champ.
Get yours now at https://rs.game/PrimeGaming!
RuneScape Store Black Friday
Freebies, Xmas Editions and restocks!
We’re getting ready for the holiday season with a bumper Black Friday at the Merch Store!
Here’s what’s happening:
- You get a FREE Black Fire Cape Keyring with all orders over £30/$45/€45 – while stocks last.
- As usual, you’ve got free shipping on all orders over £80/$100/€90.
- There are SO MANY awesome gift ideas for the holidays!
Plus: jump on these limited stocks and restocks of Special Anniversary lines – grab ‘em while you can!
- RuneScape: The First 20 Years Main Edition
- Gold Pressing of the OST Combat Classics Vinyl
- The Elvarg Xmas Jumper – now in stock and shipping!
Already thinking of stocking fillers? Eminently sensible. Check out the new Xmas and Black Friday Lines from Angels Scapes:
- Black Friday Spirit Shield Limited Edition Set (the Sigils glow in the dark!)
- Mini Party Hats Pin Set (since we’ve got Party Hats on our minds this month…)
- Xmas KBD Limited Edition Pin.
- Xmas Cracker Limited Edition Pin lucky grab – red, yellow and white variants available.
- Jester Baroo Limited Edition Pin (a collab between Angels Scapes and Prezleek!)
Visit the store for more delightful gift ideas: https://runescape.backstreetmerch.com/
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday November 24th | 16:00 Game Time | Golden Party Hat Hunt
Join Mod Hooli and Mod Spear as they go Golden Party Hat hunting! Where should they start first?
Watch live on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Ninja Strike 28
- Pets & Familiars
- Abyssal Minion
- Baby Basilisk
- Baby Kurask
- The Thaler cost for any extra copies of the above pets will be refunded.
- Improved the messaging when performing an erroneous action with a familiar's special attack.
- Improved overall messaging surrounding the fight functionality on legendary pets who can fight.
- The following object pets from the Soul Wars minigame have been converted to follower pets on the interface:
- Pets that were recently converted from object pets to follower pets were missing SFX, text and animations that would trigger when the pet was active. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where some familiar's special attacks weren't useable via the action bar.
- Fixed an issue where players would get random ghost messages about legendary pet fights.
- Changing a legendary pet’s abilities while it's summoned will no longer stop it from doing random actions, such as scavenging or emotes.
- Menaphos City Quests have new cooldown times based on your reputation tier.
- By default, the cooldown is now 15-20 minutes,
- At tier 2 it's between 10-15 minutes.
- At tier 4 it's between 5-10 minutes.
- At tier 6 it's between 0-5 minutes.
- At tier 8 there is no longer a cooldown.
- An infobox now appears informing the player when a new City Quest is available.
- The City Quest Enhancer has been buffed so that it:
- Doubles the base reputation gained.
- Doubles progress for the Phite For Your Right set of Achievements.
- Doubles the amount of rolls for the two Jewels from the Jewels of the Elid collection.
- Adjusted the description of the Enhancer to reflect the above changes
- There are additional checks for giving the player a Jewel depending on their inventory or Bank space.
General QoL and Bugfixes
- Fixed an issue where the 'Cleave' and 'Sweep' abilities were sharing the same cooldown. In order to combat this, the following has been implemented:
- A debuff icon has been added to show that the ability is on cooldown.
- Cleave remains on a 7.2 second cooldown.
- Sweep now has its own 7 second cooldown.
- As a result of this, using Sweep no longer puts Cleave on cooldown, and vice-versa.
- The loot interface now has a settings button that will open the loot system settings interface.
- Added Orikalkum Salvage to the array of items that can be processed by the Spring Cleaner.
- The Money Pouch will now show the total amount of coins gained when receiving multiple stacks of gold within a single game tick, instead of only the most recent amount received. This will be notable in situations such as using Area Loot or collecting from Grand Exchange transactions.
- The filterable messages in the chatbox will still display the individual amounts received separately.
- The Gear Siphon interface can now be used while in combat. However, using the Siphon Counter to enter a custom amount will interrupt skilling, and will itself be interrupted by combat.
- Ironmen accounts that unintentionally received Lucky Dip tickets from skilling activities in September have had these tickets removed.
- The description text of the Invention Task Enhancer is now slightly more, err, descriptive.
- Removed restocking time from the Skillcapes Shop in the Max Guild.
- Removed the ‘buy all’ option for Shop items that have less than two in stock.
- Added the stock number for any Skillcapes in the generic Shop interface.
- The Berserker, Maniacal, and Reckless Auras have had their full effects added to their description within the Aura interface.
- Added more information to the examine texts of these Auras.
Magma tempest has seen a lot of feedback over the past few weeks, with concerns over its synergy, power, and usability all at the forefront. So, we've moved to make the ability easier to use, while toning down its raw power and removing its synergy with critical strikes.
Magma tempest when unlocked is now two versions of the same ability: Magma Tempest and Magma Tempest (Targeted). The targeted version will work as you've come to expect, allowing it to be fired at an NPC or tile. The other variant of Magma tempest is more akin to a standard ability, requiring no extra inputs and firing the tempest at your current target - while also working with revolution. Both versions of Magma Tempest share a cooldown and will appear as separate ability icons, allowing you to choose which you want to use on the fly!
Magma tempest as a multi-hitting ability synergises incredibly well with both stat boosts and critical strike modifiers, granting ridiculous levels of damage and adrenaline when paired with Tsunami and the Fractured Staff of Armadyl. Because of this we're removing its ability to critically strike, reducing the gap between critical-magic builds and other combat styles, and lowering its top-end damage to make up for the huge bonus it gains from stat boosts. We'll continue to monitor these rewards and make any adjustments where necessary.
- Magma Tempest damage reduced from 5-25% per hit -> 5-19% per hit.
- Magma Tempest can no longer critically strike.
Comparative damage stats at 2153 ability damage, level 99 magic + Supreme Overload
Before this update
- Min hit:183
- Max hit: 689
- Avg: 436
- Total Avg (8 hits): 3488
After this update
- Min hit:183
- Max hit: 560
- Avg: 372
- Total Avg (8 hits): 2972
- Min hit: 885
- Max hit: 4199
- Total Avg (1 hit): 2542
Additionally, it should be noted that Magma tempest will perform better under increased stat boosts (such as Elder Overloads and Maniacal Aura) compared to single hit abilities. This also still applies on-hit effects multiple times, such as Cinderbane gloves and God books. Single hit abilities with higher ability damage scaling will perform better with improved gear.
Scripture of Jas
The Scripture of Jas is in an odd spot where it's more difficult to correctly use compared to the Scripture of Wen, while also capping how much of a benefit you can gain from it. As a result, we're raising the damage cap on the item in the hope that it may better fill a niche for players utilising a lot of damage over time effects that wouldn't be boosted by the Scripture of Ful.
- - Increased the damage cap for Scripture of Jas: 10,000 -> 30,000
- Increased drop rate of the Resonant anima of Bik from skilling nodes in the Senntisten:
- Fishing and Hunter nodes now have a 50% chance to reward anima when successfully gathering resources.
- Mining and Woodcutting nodes now reward guaranteed anima on successful resource gather.
- The particles that appear on the core underneath Croesus are now Red, Blue and Yellow, in order to help with colourblindness. Colourblind mode can be toggled through right-clicking on Gorvek.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Tempest of Armadyl from dealing additional hits to nearby targets when combined with Greater Chain.
- Fixed an issue where flying Vyrewatch in Meiyerditch could bite whomever is attacking them instead of their intended target.
- In response to player feedback, we have added the name of your current Slayer/Reaper monster to the Slayer counter tooltip to more easily determine the name of the target when the counter is in shrink mode.
- In response to player feedback, we've reduced the size of cash bags in Daily Challenge reward chests (ie large->medium and medium→small).
- In response to player feedback, cash bags are now substituted for oddments in the Daily Challenge reward chests if you're an Ironman.
- Aura Refresh items that are gained from the daily challenge's weekly reward system are automatically added to your aura refresh interface.
- Fixed a number of stretching issues with the Augmented Fractured Staff of Armadyl across dyed and un-dyed variants.
- Corrected the Hard Falador achievement 'Mass Production's Crafting prerequisite to Runecrafting.
- Fixed an issue where the weekly reward chests from the Daily Challenge update could be searched for on the Grand Exchange.
- Fixed an issue which allowed the Marketplace and Bank to be opened at the same time.
- Fixed an issue where the Oddments store would not stay open when opened from the Treasure Hunter tab. Now it remains open if it is opened from the Treasure Hunter tab.
The latest goings-on from our community
Scenes from Gielinor
Zorander (top) and FMC Tiger (bottom) showing off the glory of those new Premier Club cosmetics!
AWeeRedPanda has put together a wintery scene that dreams are made of. Penguin is sus though.
And to end on a sombre note, MarcE looks like they're bringing about the end of Gielinor (in style though!)
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here’s our pick for this week:
Go chase those marks for your Golden Party Hat Shard!
- Hosted by: M e r c y and Helpscape
- Date/Time: Wednesday November 24th, 12:00 - 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
If that doesn't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!