We’re keeping it brief this week, as the team are hard at work on some major updates (including the Elder God Wars Grandmaster Quest finale!) In the meantime, make sure you hit the latest Yak Track and tune in to our Combat Council livestream. Read on for all the info!
Yak Track: Path Of The Creators II
Unlock awesome Elder Gods-inspired finery!
You might have missed this with all the excitement over the Abyssal Slayer Creatures last week, but that we’ve only gone and got you a new blimmin’ Yak Track!
Path of the Creators II is a Bik and Ful-themed task sequence of god-like proportions: in fact, it’s our longest Yak Track ever. You have a whole two months to complete the tasks and unlock awesome Elder Gods-inspired goodies!
Plus, for the first time ever, all 50 levels have ‘Skill and Kill’ options alongside the main task, so you can keep playing normally and still unlock those radiant rewards.
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday, March 9th | 17:00 Game Time | Chat with the Combat Council
They may think of naught but bloodshed all day, but the surprisingly friendly Combat Council is sending a few delegates to chat about the current meta – and answer your burning questions!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Following feedback, an instanced version of the Senntisten Asylum has been implemented:
- This is a temporary instance that will be available for the month of March.
- Only six players can be inside the Asylum at a time, so if you are the seventh player to enter the Asylum, you will be put in an instance.
- All existing functionality remains the same, you'll simply have a quieter experience while slaying Abyssal Demons.
- The Spring Cleaner will now correctly disassemble high Alchemy Orikalkum Salvage drops from Abyssal Lords.
- Fixed an issue with the broadcast message for 'Jaws of the Abyss' appearing when killing Abyssal Lords.
- Fixed an issue with Slayer Contracts being listed as 'Nothing' instead of 'Abyssal Demons'.
- Using Incendiary Shot, players were able to extend Igneous Cleave (Ek-ZekKil's special attack). This was unintended and has now been fixed.
- Targeted Magma Tempest will no longer cancel if aimed at a non-NPC object or scenery.
- A couple of Elder God Wars Dungeon bosses were wearing Santa hats outside of an active combat encounter. 'Tis not the season! Hats have been removed from:
- The 3rd age augmented version of the Dark Shard of Leng has the correct inventory icon now.
- The new updated artwork for the Noble Outfit has been plugged into Solomon's General Store.
- The Marketplace product information for the Cinder and Pulse Cores has been updated to correctly reflect their functionality.
- Players were unable to complete the Eye of Het II miniquest due to Trindine failing to appear near the Archaeology camp. This has now been fixed, and you should be able to progress through the miniquest without further issue.
- The 'Polly' item is now correctly rendered with no visual issues in the Hero and Customisation interfaces.
- Corrected the cut on the female model version of the Noble Jacket.
- Seiryu's healthbar no longer remains visible when you teleport out after defeating it.
- The Telekinetic Grab spell could be used on during phase four of the Raksha fight to obtain shattered Shadow Anima, Bank it and reuse it at future Raksha encounters. It is now no longer possible to use the Grab in this way.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn't close the Settings menu until the prize from a Treasure Hunter chest was claimed.
- Deathtouched Darts should no longer miss their target while wearing Accuracy-affecting gear.
- Elvarg's Head can no longer be equipped and disappears after the Dragon Slayer quest.
- Fixed an issue where the coin was missing during the Lucky Coin idle and walk animations.
- Fixed an issue with missing Imps during Imp Catcher quest.
- Fixed as issue with the Bik Templar's Shield cosmetic, which would float behind the player model when sheathed.
- Players will now be able to continue attacking Abyssal Lords reliably as they perform a teleport
- The Champion's Ring critical strike boost will now correctly apply to enemies who are affected by the Parasite bleed.
The latest goings-on from our community
This week you artsy types have been showing love for those Abyssal Slayer Creatures – and the dreaded portal from whence they came!
@Legend_Arts designed their own Jaws of the Abyss. Awesome! Fearsome yet somehow also elegant!
@Maximus_Gugu is back with another thrilling poster for the Abyssal Creatures! Our Creative Services department were really impressed!
@jaxyys_tv staring into the Abyss. But does the Abyss stare back into @jaxvys_tv? We just love the drama in this one!
u/Piraja27 also found themselves at the edge of the Abyss. Eek. No turning back now... Unless they sprinted for the exit moments after this snap?
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday 9th March, 20:00 Gametime
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
Gregorovic Boss Mass
- Hosted by: Philly PD
- Date/Time: Thursday 10th March, 20:30 Gametime
- World: 68
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Ahelp
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Maxtate2, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday 12th March, 21:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!