This Week In RuneScape, we're kicking off a month of skilling for September! You'll be able to get your hands on the Skilling Bundles, a pair of packages that are chock-full of helpful skilling stuff. In other news, we've got some timely changes to The Glacor Front in the Patch Notes, plus the usual highlights from the RuneScape community.
Level up your skills with our September bundles!
This September is all about skilling, and we're kicking off the month with a pair of awesome Skilling Bundles to help you along the road to mastery.
These limited-time bundles are a one-time purchase available through the Marketplace. Use your Bonds, whether acquired through gameplay or purchase, to pick up a ton of skilling goodies - from Pulse Cores to Skilling Dummies, Deathtouched Darts and more!
The first bundle is the Small Pack, which costs just 1 Bond and is filled with the following useful items:
- 10 Pulse Cores
- 10 Cinder Cores
- 3 Medium Protean Packs
- 5 Portable Packs
- 5 Combat Dummies
- 2 Large Skilling Dummy Crates
- 1 Box of Clues
- 1 Aura Refresh
- 1 Life Refresh
And if you're a proper skilling fanatic, why not grab yourself the Large Pack for 3 Bonds? It contains:
- 30 Pulse Cores
- 30 Cinder Cores
- 3 Large Protean Packs
- 15 Portable Packs
- 15 Combat Dummies
- 6 Large Skilling Dummy Crates
- 3 Boxes of Clues
- 5 Aura Refreshes
- 5 Life Refreshes
- 5 Slayer VIP Coupons
- 5 Daily Resets
- 2 Weekly Resets
- 1 Monthly Reset
- 1 Deathtouched Dart
- 5 Overloads
Both Skilling Bundles will be available to purchase until 23:59 Game Time on September 25th.
This week’s fixes and improvements.
The Glacor Front
- Added a Bank Preset for the Arch-Glacor.
- Hotfixed - Practice mode is no longer available for the Arch-Glacor.
- Hotfixed - Adjusted the Instance Teleport Coordinate in the Arch-Glacor arena so players can surge straight away upon entering.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the 'Insane Final Boss' achievement from unlocking correctly.
- The Arch-Glacor boss will no longer drop Bones. Where was it even getting those?!
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect armour values were being applied to the new enhanced T90 glove upgrades introduced with the Glacor Front update.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the 'Exposed Core' and 'Glacyte Minions' from working as expected at high enrage tiers during the Arch-Glacor boss fight.
- Hotfixed - Added drop broadcasts for the Frozen Core of Leng and the Leng Artefact.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue that meant the Arch-Glacor boss would die due to DoT effects, which could kill the player in certain situations.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue where the Pontifex Ring was reducing Prayer-based damage resistance.
- Hotfixed - Uncut Dragonstone will now drop in noted form during the Arch-Glacor fight.
- Hotfixed - Normal mode damage reduction no longer kicks in after you have completed all mechanics during an encounter.
- Hotfixed - The effect of the Enhanced Nightmare Gauntlets now function correctly.
- Hotfixed - The third beam of the Pillars of Ice mechanic in the Hard Mode Arch-Glacor boss fight will no longer disappear and reappear when the mechanic ends.
- Hotfixed - Manuscripts and Scriptures of Wen will now drop from the Arch-Glacor correctly in all scenarios.
- Hotfixed - Triskelions dropped from the Arch-Glacor will no longer be multipled by enrage or mechanic modifiers.
- Hotfixed - Rejoining a Hard Mode Arch-Glacor instance after toggling it off will no longer place you in a pseudo-Hard Mode encounter.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue where sequential attacks of the same type from the same side of the Arch-Glacor boss were not appearing.
- Hotfixed - The Bolstered Glacytes no longer set the Arch-Glacors health when they die.
The Nodon Front
- The Fractured Staff of Armadyl has been added to the Magic Skill Guide.
- The Needle in the Colosseum in Senntisten can now be examined.
- Achievements that require the boss to be killed in a certain way will no longer be awarded to players who joined in the middle of an encounter.
- When a player dies in the Wilderness with the dyed version of the Fractured Staff of Armadyl equipped, they will leave the broken base version of it as loot.
- The overlapping abandoned siege engine in The Nodon Front has been removed.
- The materials cart in The Nodon Front has been moved slightly north.
- Timesprites are now visible when travelling between excavation hotspots in Senntisten.
- Fixed some graphical issues where multiple Archaeology icons were visible within Senntisten.
- Decorative shovels in Senntisten can no longer be interacted with.
Quality of Life
- Slayer and Reaper tasks in the Activity Tracker now include a 'Weakness' field in their description which highlights the most effective combat style. During a task, an icon for this weakness will replace its Activity Tracker icon.
- The text which appears when hovering over the Slayer Counter if you are able to capture the target's soul and have not yet done so will now also appear in the Activity Tracker description for that task.
- Slayer and Reaper tasks in the Activity Tracker now continue to display the name of the target when there are no kills left, instead of displaying 'no task'. This makes it consistent with the Slayer/Reaper counter.
- Slayer and Reaper tasks in the Activity Tracker will now refresh correctly if the target changes but the number of kills left remains the same.
- If fighting a boss will require you to be on a members' world, an icon for this will now appear in the Beasts tab under 'requirements'.
- The requirements to reach, pass and enter the God Wars Dungeon are now described in greater detail across multiple icons for God Wars Dungeon bosses.
- The hover/longpress tooltip for various drinks now includes a description of their specific stat buffs and debuffs.
- The tooltips for Run Energy Potions and Drinks now indicate the percentage of Run Energy restored instead of a solid integer.
- Renamed the 'Mature WMB' to 'Wizard's Mind Bomb (m)' to be consistent with other mature drinks.
- Nettle Tea will now heal and restore Run Energy in all circumstances. Previously, it only restored Run Energy when the drinker had full health.
- Replaced the unpopular RS3 Default layout with the current New Player layout, so that new players can experiment more freely.
- Renamed the RS2 Default layout 'Default' since there's now only one layout with the 'Default' title.
- Scripted environment overrides - such as those applied by specific areas or player-controlled skybox filters - now use the updated cubemaps for more realistic metal reflections.
- Achievements for the Giant Mole, King Black Dragon and Chaos Elemental no longer display membership as a requirement - including in the Bossing Path - as they can be completed in free-to-play.
- Fixed an issue where some of the optional Burthorpe paths couldn't be completed after completing the Path to Lumbridge.
- The Farming, Herblore and Summoning Paths are now listed in the Burthorpe and Taverley Path Book upon completing Turael's Slayer Path. Previously, they were unlocked by receiving certain drops available from Burthorpe trolls after completing the Slayer Path.
- Prevented a UI tutorial for Summoning Charm drops that occurred for certain players when killing cows in Burthorpe.
- On Mobile only, the Activity Tracker UI tutorial that guides a new player onto the Burthorpe paths now guides them through pressing the static Activity Tracker button in the top left corner to open it.
- Desktop still starts where it always did, with the Activity Tracker forced onscreen.
- Added a missing spotlight to one of the stages of Turael's second combat interface tutorial on mobile.
- Fixed an issue where the Archaeology UI tutorial referring to materials in the artefact restoration overlay wasn't attached to this overlay, and therefore appeared out of bounds on Mobile.
- The Bossing Path can now be removed from the Activity Tracker.
- The Bossing Path, if selected, now advances to the next available boss in the path when the selected boss is first defeated.
- Fixed an issue where players could walk inside a rock in Davendale.
- Johanhus has returned to both the Cathedral and The Nodon Front.
- It is no longer possible to equip the Charmed Sack from the Nexus activity in the main hand slot.
- Players will no longer be assigned random Slayer tasks when wearing particular masks.
- The location of the Pyramid Plunder UI overlay has been moved so it does not obstruct the middle of the game screen.
- Corrected an issue where some achievements that require specific skill levels were not marked as complete when logging in.
Quality programming from the J-Mods themselves!
Tuesday September 7th | 16:00 Game Time | Leads Q&A
If you've got a burning question for the folks calling the shots, now's the time to get answers!
Watch live on Twitch!
All the latest goings on…
This cool artwork of Nier taking down the Arch-Glacor gives us the chills! This was shared with us on the RuneScape Art Community Discord server - if you've got some fab artwork of your own, or if you'd just like to see more of it, then drop in and say hello!
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are some of our favourites coming up:
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Monday September 6th 2021, 20:00 - 21:00
- World: 88
- Location: Dagannoth King Lair
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Nanci, Nastyfruit & Mass PvM
- Date/Time: Saturday September 11th 2021, 16:00 - 17:00
- World: 22
- Location: Warforge!
If neither of those take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
This week's screenshots come from the RuneScape Art Community! Check 'em out here.
Fancy giving the Arch-Glacor a run for its money? Then you'll want to check out Boss School, a PvM teaching community that aims to help players of all skill levels enjoy their RuneScape experience to the full by teaching them how to boss like a boss! They've got resources for both new and experienced PvMers, and also serve as a friendly hub for everyone to chat and make friends.