This week marks the end of summer, and as September rolls in we're definitely feeling the chill here in Gielinor, as the Elder God Wen makes her move on the Elder God Wars Dungeon! In other news, we've got a new take on an old favourite in Leonard's Lucky Dip, plus the results of the War Effort competitions!
Elder God Wars Dungeon: The Glacor Front
The cold winds of war are blowing...
A chilling new enemy has arrived in the Elder God Wars Dungeon! Head to the southern district of Senntisten and prepare to face Wen's army of glacors and glacytes, lead by the ultimate frosty foe: an Arch-Glacor who'd like nothing more than to freeze you and everything else in its path.
The Arch-Glacor is RuneScape's most customisable boss yet, with loads of unique mechanics you can toggle on and off to adjust the challenge level. It's ideal for bossing beginners and veterans alike!
Each mechanic is suppressed by one of Gielinor's most powerful mages. Speak to one, or more, of them to give them a break and let the Arch-Glacor wreak some havoc as you learn its mechanics with safe deaths and group bossing enabled. Alternatively, speak to Azzanadra to enable every mechanic at once and enter Hard Mode. In this high-octane challenge, you'll need to use all your new skills to survive. Deaths are enabled, and you'll have to face the Arch-Glacor alone - but the rewards are very much worth the risk.
Speaking of rewards, there's all sorts of powerful items you can get your hands on, including:
- Dark Shard of Leng (T95)
- Dark Sliver of Leng (T95)
- Dark Ice Shard
- Dark Ice Sliver
- Leng Artefact
- Glacor Adornment
- Arch-Glacor Adornment
- Ur-Glacor Adornment
- Gladys, the Arch-Glacor boss pet
For more information, check out the reveal newspost.
Remember, you'll need at least 84 Slayer to fight Wen's army, and you'd do well to have a read through our official Survival Guide. Best of luck, adventurers - the world of Gielinor is counting on you.
Leonard's Lucky Dip
Roll up and grab your tickets!
Brr, that was all a bit foreboding, wasn't it? Now for something completely different: Leonard's Lucky Dip! In case you missed last week's newspost, we'll fill you in: Leonard's Lucky Dip is a new event inspired by an old favourite, filled with awesome new prizes and improved mechanics.
Sticking with the God Wars theme, this year's big-ticket prizes include the Golden God Wars Armours. These fantastically shiny versions of the Bandos, Armadyl and Subjugation sets are brand-new for this event - so you won't want to miss out on your chance to take them home.
You'll be able to grab your ticket on September 1st. Just head to Burthorpe and speak to Leonard to play!
War Effort Competition Results
And the winners are...
We've got a couple of competitions wrapping up this week, so without further ado - oh, go on then, we can have a drumroll or two - let's announce the winners!
First up, our social media generals asked you all to head to The Nodon Front, support the war effort, and share your screenshots with us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook as proof.
More than 36,000 Nodon siege engines were destroyed, around 3,400 of which were repaired to fight back against the dragonkin. In addition, over 10 billion meals were cooked for our troops - we're surprised they can move at all after that feast!
In total, three out of our four community objectives were completed - and so 30 winners will each receive three bonds. Here's the list:
- Ben Glav
- Aaron H
If your name is listed above please reach out to us via the platform you shared your screenshot. For example, if you shared a screenshot on Twitter please sent us a Twitter DM from the account you posted it from.
But that's not all! Two lucky winners will also be receiving their prizes from the RuneScape Mobile Giveaway we held back in June. Congratulations to:
- Kieran V
- Barry H
Your prizes have already been sent out.
This week's fixes and improvements
- Players can no longer excavate more Stained Glass Shards than are necessary to fully repair Senntisten Cathedral's windows.
- Uncovering mysteries no longer sends multiple chat messages.
- The Ancient Statue now has a chat head animation.
- Fixed a typo in Eblis' dialogue.
Elder God Wars Dungeon
- Kerapac's time clones no longer target players that have left the boss fight.
- The Staff of Armadyl's special attack's initial hit will now deal 50-200% ability damage as stated in the tooltip.
- Greater Concentrated Blast's tooltop has been updated to match its live damage values.
Gloves of Passage Balancing
We’re addressing the unique case of Gloves of Passage. Since release, the gloves haven't performed as well as we would like.
Simply put, their damage barely makes up for the fact you have to use a lower damage ability. Considering the Gloves also have to compete with Cinderbanes, Masterwork and the Death Touched Bracelet, this has become a serious issue. To fix it, we'd like to up the damage of the Gloves to help them compete in solo encounters, while also giving them a helpful buff in group and extended fights.
- After the Havoc or Smash ability successfully hits, your next melee attack within 6 seconds will deal 10% increased damage, up from 7%.
- After the Havoc or Smash ability successfully hits, the target will also take 20% increased damage from bleeds for the next 10 seconds. This does not apply in PvP.
- Guardian's Gifts are no longer being distributed upon log-in. If you have already claimed yours, you will be able to continue using and reclaiming them until they run out of charges.
- Silvarea's spooky environment settings have been restored.
- Fixed an issue where Pearl the Unicorn was listed as free on the Store but was charging RuneCoins when purchased.
- The confirmation button reading 'Leave Game?' when closing the free membership trial popup that appears when first arriving in Burthorpe on mobile has been changed to 'Continue Journey?' for clarity.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Once Upon a Time: Fortunes miniquest from being completed.
News and fun live from the J-Mod team
Tuesday August 31st | 16:00 Game Time | The Glacor Front Let's Play
Join the J-Mods as they run head first into battle and explore the newest front of the Elder God Wars. Hope they brought their mittens, it's chilly out there!
Watch live on Twitch!
The latest goings-on in our community
Earlier this year we commissioned the fantastically talented Linyii to draw us some artwork for The Nodon Front. This awesomely detailed painting is called 'We Hold', and now you can see how Linyii brought it to life, from sketch, to linework, all the way up to the finished thing. Pretty cool, right?
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are some of our favourites coming up:
- Hosted by: MadClikr, Tuzzy Jake, & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Fri 3 Sep 2021, 01:00 - 02:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: The Glacor Front
Rex Matriarch Mass
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Sat 4 Sep 2021, 13:00 - 14:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Rex Matriarch Lobby
If neither of those take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
This week's screenshots come from the Bass and Drums clan!
By Real List
Is the Arch-Glacor giving you trouble? Then you need to call on the Guardians of Gielinor! These PvM heroes help adventurers of all levels show the bosses who's boss. Interested? Then make your way to the Discord and say hello!