This update deploys at 14:00 Game Time today, February 7th. As the Update is deployed, the servers will remain offline for approx 30 minutes as we perform some additional server maintenance.
It’s time to become a Slayer superstar as War himself invites you to complete tasks for bonus XP! But hey, maybe you’re a lover not a fighter, in which case you might want to hear about the latest Valentine’s-themed Treasure Hunter. You know what they say: all’s fair...
Event: War's Reckoning
Prepare for battle and experience Safe Deaths!
A creeping horror is about to emerge in Senntisten, and you’ll need 95, 105 and 115 Slayer to take on whatever abominations crawl out on February 28th.
Not quite there yet? Don’t worry, because War himself is offering a boost bonanza - just visit him at War's Retreat to reap the benefits. A few reasons to get involved:
- Safe Deaths! A juicy upgrade on the Free Death bonus which allows you to respawn with items intact, instead of having to reclaim them! Please note this is not available for Hardcore Ironmen or F2P.
- Double Slayer and Reaper points.
- Reduced Marks of War cooldown and Invention drain rate (-50%).
- Increased luck on the Rare Drop Table.
- +50% Slayer XP from tasks (not applicable when Double XP is active – also not available for Ironmen or Hardcore Ironmen).
- Elder Overload Golems at War’s Retreat (not available for Ironmen, Hardcore Ironmen or F2P).
Find out more in our February blog: https://rs.game/TheAbyssalBreach
Gifts From The Heart
Feel the love with Treasure Hunter!
Valentine's Day approaches, and Treasure Hunter has some truly swoon-worthy prizes up for grabs!
You’ll have a chance to swipe the Sceptre of Enchantment, last seen in our 2016 promotion, but now as a tradeable item (though please note that it becomes untradeable on use). You can also find the Oil of Enchantment, a tradeable charge for the Sceptre. The Sceptre's Valentine's Slam bonus grants a 4% XP boost and the Bonfire HP Boost for 24 hours, plus a 2% XP Boost and two hours of the Bonfire HP Boost for those around you – sharing is caring, folks!
You might also pick up the Coin of Enchantment, which works in the same way as the Sceptre but gives a 2% XP buff for you, and a 1% buff for everyone around you - not including any Bonfire boosts. It also stacks with the Sceptre buff, so you can have both running at the same time!
Every prize also awards ‘Heartments’, loved-up Oddments which can be used to buy all sorts of delightful rewards – including past Valentine's Day cosmetics.
Here’s what else is up for grabs:
- Prismatic Star & Lamp (Consumable rewards, identical to those in the H'oddments Store)
- Masquerade Outfit
- Masquerade Mask
- Heart Balloon
- Bunch of Flowers
- Hater's Medallion
- Lover's Medallion
- Crown of the Fallen
- Goblin Butler pet
- Devotion Sprite pet
- Loved-up Lootbeam
- Scrumptious Title
- Forlorn Title
- Masquerade Dance
- Efficiency Emote
- No More! Emote
- Down to Earth Emote
- Loved Up Emote
The Valentine’s Treasure Hunter runs from February 10th to February 14th. Heartments must be used by February 21st.
Double XP: LIVE Coming Soon!
Mark your calendars!
Double XP LIVE returns on February 18th!
This is another great opportunity to get ready for the new Slayer challenge arriving at the end of the month – or just work on your favourite skills and prepare for spring!
You can spend your 48 hours of Double XP time across all 28 skills, and pause the buff whenever you need to take a break.
Double XP LIVE starts at 12:00 Game Time on Friday, February 18th and runs until 12:00 Game Time on Monday, February 28th.
Prime Gaming Drop
Your February rewards from Prime Gaming are here!
This time, you’ll receive two Umbral Chests, each guaranteeing a super-rare quality Treasure Hunter prize.
You also get a Currency Pack containing 400 Runecoins and 20 Treasure Hunter Keys!
Claim yours from February 8th at https://RS.game/PrimeGaming
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday February 9th | 17:00 Game Time | General Q&A Part 2
We have many many more questions to tackle, so join us for another round of J-Mod answers!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Addressed feedback regarding the combat item tooltips from last month’s Ninja Strike:
- Clarified that Crystal Shields also work for Attuned Crystal weaponry's dual wield effect.
- Clarified that the upgraded Bone Blowpipe's poison damage rate is doubled.
- Clarified that the bonus ability damage from Bane Ammunition depends on the ability used.
- Fleshed out the Blood Amulet(s) tooltip with more details regarding damage, cooldown and chance of activation.
- Fixed a typo on the Ring of Wealth's tooltip.
- Crocodile paths in the Het's Oasis Agility Course now offer slightly better XP.
- Players in Het's Oasis are now informed via the chatbox when a new crocodile path appears.
- Prayer Powders now have tooltips stating their effects.
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from progressing in the City of Senntisten Blood Ward if that player was in a Friend Chat with lootshare enabled.
- The naming of dyed items from the Elder God Wars has been made more consistent.
- Croesus' healthbar now correctly clears when leaving the encounter area.
- Fixed an issue with the minigame UI during the Rogue Trader miniquest.
- Fixed an issue where players could disconnect if they had a Waterfiend familiar summoned when using a magical Fishing spot in Deep Sea Fishing.
- Wrack, and Wrack and Ruin will now correctly have their damage reduced by the Energising perk.
- The Maul of Omens can no longer be traded.
- Removed error message from the Help overlay in the Wardrobe UI.
The latest goings-on from our community
The 20 Year Veteran Cape arrived last week and many of you took to socials to show your decades of commitment to Gielinor! Check out these awesome long-haulers in their fab new finery:
And as always, the RuneScape community rocked up with yet MORE amazing art this week. Check these out!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week!
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Philly PD & Izofdarkfire
- Date/Time: Thursday, February 10th, 20:30 Gametime
- World: 68
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Ahelp
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday, February 12th, 13:00 Gametime
- World: 35
- Location: Vorago Borehole
- FC: Dung Titan
- Hosted by: Lady Spyra, Moon River, and Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday, February 12th, 22:00 Gametime
- World: 99
- Location: Stealing Creation Lobby
- FC: Fast Sc
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!