New quest, new boss, new cosmetic hunt - can you hold the fort against Zemouregal and his ice-breathing ‘friend’?
New Quest and Boss
Defend the fort from Zemouregal - and Vorkath!
Upon the freezing shores of Ungael, Zemouregal has awoken the ancient dragon Vorkath - now he intends to use this new-found power to wipe your Fort clean off the map. This would allow the full might of his undead armies to crash into the realms of Misthalin and sow chaos! It is up to you to stop him - with the help of denizens of Fort Forinthry…
Fight your way through a siege in the new quest Battle of Forinthry, before an epic showdown with Zemouregal and the mighty Vorkath! Completing this quest unlocks a repeat boss battle and amazing new rewards, including brand new materials for crafting the epic Dracolich Ranged Power Armour set, the new Necromancy incantation 'Invoke Lord of Bones' and of course the cutest of dragons - your new pal Vorki!
Check out our recent blog for a closer look into the fight itself - and those rewards.
Want to see what you’re getting into first? Check out our Livestream section below to find a list of streamers who will be challenging the dastardly duo on launch day!
Vorkath Hunt: Guard and Lantern event!
New Necromancy overrides incoming!
With the release of Vorkath and the Battle of Forinthry comes the launch of an additional event, The Vorkath Hunt! Like the Golden Party Hat and Cape Hunt Events, you'll set out to collect 8 shards by completing various tasks. Doing so will earn you the Vorkath Death Guard and Lantern overrides and some sweet gameplay buffs!
- Infinite Porters: Provides a guaranteed 'porter' effect (which transports valid items to the Bank when gathered) while the buff is active.
- Passive Regeneration Buff: Your life points, prayer points and summoning points regenerate by 10% every 6 seconds while you're outside of combat.
Buffs can be enabled or disabled by Mr Mordaut (or Mordaut Jr) at Fort Forinthry any time after you’ve completed the hunt. The buffs are available to use for 14 days once you complete the Hunt - disabling the buff will not stop the 14-day timer that begins once you earn the buffs.
Despite the name, you don't need to fight Vorkath to complete the hunt - but it definitely helps! Here are the 12 tasks you can complete for shards:
(click to show)
(click to show)
- Kill Vorkath & Zemouregal (infinitely repeatable until all shards have been collected).
- Can be completed during the Battle of Forinthry quest as well as in Story, Normal and Hard mode.
- First shard is given after one kill , subsequent shards require 30 kills.
- Complete the Dead and Buried quest (given on login if complete before event starts).
- Have an active Premier Membership and log in (given on login if active as the event starts).
- Train Gathering skills.
- Train Artisan skills.
- Train Combat skills.
- Train Support skills.
- Players will be guaranteed these shards after three hours of training in each particular skill, but have a high chance to obtain them beforehand.
- Complete steps of the treasure trails.
- Players will be guaranteed this shard after either 90 Easy, 45 Medium, 30 Hard, 23 Elite or 18 Master steps - or a combination of the above, so feel free to do any clues!
- Earning marks of war by defeating repeatable bosses.
- Players will be guaranteed this shard at 2,500 Marks but have a chance to obtain it beforehand.
- Buy for 15m coins or 5k Protean items.
- Complete Wilderness Flash Events.
- Players will be guaranteed this shard at 15 completed events but have a chance to obtain it beforehand.
- Earning RuneScore.
- Players will be guaranteed this shard at 200 Runescore but have a chance to obtain it beforehand.
- If a player has over 31,000 Runescore already they will earn this shard on earning any Runescore.
Wednesday November 22nd | 16:55 Game Time | Livestream: Christmas Event Preview! Join us for a first look at the upcoming Christmas Village event and what else is on the way! Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape!
Vorkath Launch Streams
Here are just some of the creators who will be streaming Vorkath on day 1! Tune in and check them out.
|Ashshley||9AM EST||Community-oriented group learning after the quest.|
|Chevalricrs||Live from release||Quest / comp reqs / renewing my subscription in Death's office because i’ll keep dying in Hard Mode!
|Evil Lucario||Live from release||Aiming to beat the bosses as fast as anyone can|
|g0att||Live from release||Bossing and finding effective ways to take Vorkath down.|
|Imxcrystal||Live from release||Trying a bit of everything on release - the boss in solo and group mode, achievements and questing.|
|Ironaraxxor||Live from release||Focusing on getting the drops on the Ironman account.|
|Maikeru||Live from release||Testing out the boss and having fun PvMing.|
|MariaKringe||4.30 PM Gametime||Participating in the quest and the collecting those shards. Also going to give the boss a few tries.|
|Marmar182||From 7:30 - 8:00 aest||Both Vorkath and Hunt Event.|
|Moonfairy_x||Tuesday 21st onwards||Will be going for Shard event / re-obtaining Quest Cape with new quest and learning Vorkath as an Iron.|
|Omid||Live from release||Theorycrafting and grinding the boss.|
|Parally||6:30pm EST||Basically everything the update has to offer - main aim is beating Vorkath...|
|ProtoxxGaming||Live from release||Trying out the new boss.|
|P U P||Live from release||"hit boss get monies"|
|Rheyo||6:30pm EST||Battling Vorkath|
|RsStormy||Live from release||24-hour stream covering boss and quest on both main and Ironman accounts.|
|TheRSGuy||Live from release||Aiming to do a little of everything around Vorkath.|
|Wazzy||Live from release||A massive dive into hard mode to secure plenty of drops.|
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts November 21st | Ends November 22nd | Mysteria
Mysteria constantly rotates multiple versions of Treasure Hunter over the course of two days. Jump in to see what's on the cards!
Starts November 23rd | Ends November 27th | Potion Pandemonium
Gather potions and use them to complete collections! Earn multipliers and win hex-cellent witchy-themed prizes from the Witch's Chest. Look out for the impressive Hexer outfit, Hexer hair token and Lucille the Bat pet token!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Varrock Sewers and Edgeville Dungeon can once again be accessed on non-members worlds.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from progressing in the quest Evil Dave's Big Day Out.
- We've added a lovely new logo to our Activity Flyer to spruce it up even more!
- We have added a new Noticeboard to Fort Forinthry. It is located next to the Lodestone.
- We have also returned the Varrock Lodestone Noticeboard.
- Fixed the bug that would delete noted Ores when using them on an Orebox. (Hotfixed)
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Lynxlynx & Saphhirra
- Date/Time: Monday November 20th, 20:30 Game Time
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
- Hosted by: Aarie & Redwigon
- Date/Time: Saturday November 25th, 18.00 Game Time
- World: 28
- Location: Vorago borehole
- FC: Mod Events
Mazcab Learner Raids
- Hosted by: Silence & ario, Boss School & Raid FC
- Date/Time: Sunday November 26th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 71
- Location: Mazcab Entrance
- FC: Raid FC
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!