Keep Skilling Big as Double XP continues!
Event: Double XP LIVE
Just seven days remain!
There are only seven days left to use up your 48 Hours of Double XP - but if you won't be using it all, don't forget you can also trade one hour of Double XP time every day for credits to use with Nic the Trader!
Need to know more? Head here!
Event: 300 Million Account Party
The celebration continues....
In case you missed it, the 300 Million Account Party is well underway! As you skill throughout the game, look out for Balloon Fragments - every 200 you return to Party Pete earns you a Balloon.
The Balloons are packed with event-exclusive rewards as well as some blast-from-the-past cosmetics, including Platinum God Wars Dungeon Armour Cosmetics and the chance to find 300Million GP!
Prime Gaming Drop
Grab a new cosmetic and Knowledge Bombs!
Our latest Prime Gaming drop arrives tomorrow!
This month your Prime Gaming benefits will net you a new cosmetic and five Knowledge Bombs that each boost your XP by 1.5x for 1 hour! Just remember to use them AFTER Double XP LIVE, as they won't stack with the current event.
- Umbral Traveller's Outfit (Cosmetic)
- 5 Knowledge Bombs
Prime Members can grab their goodies from August 16th! Find out more at Prime Gaming Rewards page.
Time To Train Ending Soon
Your Treasure Hunter calendar for the week ahead
Here's a look at what's happening in Treasure Hunter this week!
Time To Train: Now - August 17th
Stock-up on supplies for your Double XP skilling with plenty of chances to find Proteans, Portables, Dummies and more! Don't forget that recent Combat Dummy improvements have made them more useful and efficient to use. Find out more here: https://secure.runescape.com/m=news/summer-double-xp-august-12---22
GemFall: August 18th - August 24th
Scoop up powerful bonuses galore in Gemfall! Every Key gives a prize based on the current bonus for the active Gem. Trigger a Gemfall to be offered two prizes from a choice of six!
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Monday August 15th | 16:00 Game Time | Let's Talk About THAT Announcement!
We've got a big announcement coming at 13:00 Game Time on Monday. Join us three hours later to talk about it!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Wilderness Ambushes now drop loot and count for Slayer Tasks.
- AoE abilities will now work in singleway combat zones within the Wilderness.
- Fixed a blocking issue with the Fremennik Guard at the entrance of The Dragonkin Laboratory.
- Defence of the Protector was lowered - Defence changed from 90 to 80.
- Fixed an issue with the Vestments of Havoc - where the 15% adrenaline gain over 18 seconds ability was being applied even if Ultimate abilities were triggered while on cooldown.
- A buff bar icon during 'Animate Dead' is now displayed properly, next to the Berserk Archaeologist's health bar.
- Added the Bow of the Last Guardian and Vestments of Havoc Armour to the Defence and Ranged Skill Guides.
- The 'Lord of Chaos' titles now show the specific enrage percentage needed to unlock each title in the Titles tab.
- Fixed an issue where the Item Protect Contract would not be consumed if the player attempted to retrieve a full Inventory's-worth of retrievable items.
- 'The Asylum' music track unlock information has been fixed.
- Updated the information displayed for the 'Conqueror of Chaos' achievement.
- Reduced the wording to make it clearer.
- Added a counter to show how many full Zamorakian Undercity runs you have completed.
- Changed a number of infobox messages into standard chatbox messages during the Zamorak, Lord of Chaos encounter.
- The incorrect broadcast name, player's Adventure Log entry and Quickchat for the Codex of Lost Knowledge drop from Zamorak has been corrected from 'Blank Ability Codex' to the correct name.
- The typo in the description of 'The Red Wedding' achievement has been corrected.
- The tooltip for the Guardian's Triumph cooldown debuff has been fixed and is now displayed properly on hover.
- Adjusted lighting around The Glacor Front.
- Freecam can now be used while resting.
- Portable Fletcher can now be used to bundle Bamboo and Golden Bamboo.
- Changed incorrect text in the Twilight of the Gods Quest Complete window.
- Players can no longer attack through a wall next to the Mazera miniboss.
- A blocking tile in Senntisten has been fixed.
- Nodon Engineers will now consistently use the correct damage type, based on the weapon they're currently using.
- The Skilling Backpack and Mask of the Troll are no longer received when opening Treasure Hunter for the first time.
- The price of the Mask of the Troll has been reduced to 3million Anima in the Shattered Worlds Shop.
- Players who had their Cramulet or Dwarven Multicannon stored in their New Varrock Inventory will now have the items removed, and will receive instructions as to how to reclaim them.
- The 'A Ton of Earth' achievement now correctly states that RuneCrafting is the skill required to unlock it, not Crafting.
- The Magic Golem Outfit's description now correctly details the effect it has on Rockertunities.
- The achievement 'I Can See For Miles and Miles' now correctly names Egg and Nanuq as two of the required keepers.
- The Twisted Jester animation is now displayed correctly.
- Text which appeared black in messages, such as Clan notifications, will now use the correct colour.
- Clan Chat broadcasts now display information about guests joining and leaving properly.
- Added a pop-up prompting players to enter their marketing preferences.
In the coming months, RuneScape will no longer support Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
The latest goings-on from our community
rswillmissit has dug deep into RuneScape's history to uncover the story of the Falador Massacre.
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Skill 'n' Chill
- Hosted by: MadClikr & the Lil Tuzzies Clan
- Date/Time: Monday August 15th, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 85
- Location: Burthorpe Bank
- FC: Lil Tuzzies
Gregorovic boss mass
- Hosted by: M E R C Y & Helpscape
- Date/Time: Thursday August 18th, 12:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Sliske Lobby
- FC: Helpscape
Mazcab Learner Raids
- Hosted by: ario & Raid FC
- Date/Time: Saturday August 20th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 71
- Location: Mazcab Raid Entrance
- FC: Raid FC
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy
Shining a little light onto community events and activities.
CoreHunting BXP Event
Want to do something divine with your Bonus XP? Come join the folks of CoreHunting FC this week on world 9 for a Divination party at the Hall of Memories! Grab a jar and join the fun from Monday through Thursday, 12:00-16:00 Game Time and Friday 12:00-18:00 Game Time.
New to the Hall? You can find details on how it works, suggested items, and more over at discord.gg/85jc5mg. It's an experience you'll never forget!