The Wilderness is the place to be this week, as we launch new miniquests, combat encounters and skilling activities!
New Wilderness Flash Events
Plus three new high-end skilling items and more!
The Wilderness got a new lease of life recently, and the good times continue this week with the launch of Flash Events!
This is a new series of repeatable scenarios for combat players and skillers alike. With no level or quest requirements, and easy-to-understand, satisfying gameplay, anyone can jump in and get involved!
Every hour, one of the 13 new possible events will spawn. These bite-size scenarios range from skilling activities, such as Mining a Fallen Star spewing deadly fire, to combat encounters – including a potential confrontation with the King Black Dragon!
Completing events bags you XP as well as loot from the Wilderness Flash Events loot table. On top of that, there are some very special rewards waiting for you…
- A Dark Onyx Core will drop in special encounters. This is a character-based Enchantment that, once activated, transforms high-end skilling items Grace of the Elves, Luck of the Dwarves and Passage of the Abyss into even more powerful variants.
- Other rewards include the new Wilderness Obelisk and Flash Event teleports, plus Wildy loot table improvements!
How To Play
Start by visiting the Wilderness Flash Events hosts, Nikkel and the Wandering Ramokee, in Edgeville, near the Wilderness Wall. You can also track events as they appear via the Distractions and Diversions menu.
For a more detailed look at this update, including the event schedule, check out our minipost: Here!
Miniquest Series: Civil War
The Legacy of Zamorak continues...
Today’s update also sees the launch of two miniquests, (of an eventual three) which together will bridge the gap between Daughter of Chaos and our final major quest of the year. These miniquests explore the ongoing Zamorakian activities emerging as civil war ravages the Wilderness!
Complete Civil War Part 1 to unlock your third Infernal Puzzle Box reward, which prevents adrenaline from draining outside of combat*, plus a Small XP Lamp.
Then finish Civil War Part 2 – tied to the new Wilderness Flash Events – to unlock your fourth Infernal Puzzle Box reward, which provides a 25% extra experience boost to Brawling Gloves, and another Small XP lamp!
Part 3 will arrive with a future update, so stay tuned for more news on that front!
How To Play
The Civil War miniquest series is available to all members who have completed Daughter of Chaos.
- To start Part 1, head to Falador Castle throne room. Select 'Legacy of Zamorak' when the pop-up appears.
- To start Part 2, visit Anne Dimitri in the Wilderness, northeast of Edgeville.
*Note: If you already have the third Infernal Puzzle Box reward unlocked, you will retain access to it and won't need to complete this miniquest to gain the benefits.
Fresh Start Worlds Week 4
Double XP and a chance for extra resources!
Double XP has arrived in Fresh Start Worlds! Skills under 70 will benefit from Double XP all week, while those over 70 will get their first XP rate increase to +75%. Oh, and if you've been trying to get those valuable mats for levelling, we've got good news – you will have a 20% chance to scoop a double helping of whatever resource you're after every time you gather!
Here's this week's bonuses in full:
- NEW: +100% XP (skills below level 70).
- NEW: +75% XP (skills above level 70).
- NEW: 20% chance to double gathered materials.
- Tier 2 Auras Unlocked.
- +50% Accuracy in combat.
Merch Store Pin Sale
Early Christmas shopping or just self care?
Our 3 for 2 Pin Sale is live until Wednesday 19th October!
Choose from a whole host of RuneScape-themed pins including the Noob, Poisoned Dragon Defender, the dreaded Connection Lost pop-up and more…
Head to the Merch Store to pick your pins: https://runescape.backstreetmerch.com/
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Tuesday October 18th | 15:55 Game Time | Let’s Play Wilderness Flash Events
We’re going to play some Wilderness Flash Events. Join in, watch along or pop by to ask some questions!
Wednesday October 19th | 16:00 Game Time | J-Mod Sessions: Boss Loot Table Updates
Mod Jack and Mod Shogun are hopping on stream to discuss some changes to an aspect of the Boss Loot Tables that are on the way and why we're looking to make them.
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
Following the last few months of notice, as of today, RuneScape no longer supports Windows 32-bit builds or graphics cards that do not support OpenGL 3.0 or higher. This change allows us to focus our technical development and testing resources on more commonly-used platforms.
For more information, and to check if your system meets these requirements, head here.
- It's now possible to trade FSW Halos, Familiar Halo appearance tokens and Inverted Skillcape tokens with Iron accounts.
- Halos and Familiar Halo appearance tokens can now be traded on the Grand Exchange.
- Dinarrows can be now imbued faster to prevent the logout timer from activating. The amount of XP given per stack of Dinarrows has been reduced by the same proportion, to maintain the same XP per hour.
- Moved where Abyssal Scourge stacks build in the combat system. They will now apply via Essence of Finality specials and against NPCs that fake health bars (for example, Zamorak's red bar).
- The Magma Tempest (targeted) ability has now been fixed and triggers correctly when switching targets.
- Updates on your daily challenge progress are now displayed in the chatbox (but only for challenges which give a progress update, obviously).
- Fixed Solak solo player scaling related to the Blight Bar in Phase 2.
- Fixed Solak projectile animations.
- When Grotesque spawns there is now a chat message informing players.
- Additionally, Grotesque now spawns for a longer period of time.
- The length of time before the stream becomes inactive in The Nexus has been increased.
- The amount of corruption stored in the Charmed Sack in The Nexus is now displayed in the tooltip.
- Players now keep the Stone of Jas area damage boost after entering the Ice Strykewyrm cave.
- Stacking Whirligig Scarabs will now fill Hunter Urns, provide Strange Rocks, and count towards Daily Challenge progress.
- Elena can now be found in her house during Mourning's End Part 1 and Plague's End.
- The 'A Familiar Feeling' achievement is now possible for players with max Summoning Points.
- The game no longer crashes on Mobile while entering the Penguin Agility Course.
- We put the 'Gilded' back into the Gilded Shoulder Cape!
- The Master Completionist Cape and its trimmed version now appear correctly in the wardrobe.
- Walk overrides will no longer affect the ring of gravestones.
- Fixed an issue where the Treasure Hunter tutorial persisted into the Oddments Store.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Mega Duck Hunt
- Hosted by: Steve20058 & Mega Duck
- Date/Time: Wednesday October 19th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 39
- Location: Falador Park
- FC: Mega Duck
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday October 21st, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Nex - Angel of Death
- Hosted by: Spotleewolf & Nexaodmass
- Date/Time: Friday October 21st, 23:00 Game Time
- World: 92
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Nexaodmass
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Shining a little light onto community events and activities.
Looking for a community to help in your journeys in Gielinor? We have recently released this blog to help with just that! Check out some of the amazing and wonderful communities in the RuneScape sphere!