New Quest: Murder On The Border
Unravel the mystery in the first quest of the season
The assorted nobility of Misthalin, a lavish banquet and you. What could go wrong? Well unfortunately something has gone quite horribly wrong - and now one of your guests is dead!
Yes, murder is afoot, and there are many plausible suspects among the assembled gentry. Itís time to bust out the detective kit and solve the case! Thankfully you have the new Mystery Journal interface to assist you, plus the help of a trusty butler-sidekick, as you unravel the mystery of the Murder on the Border... roll the opening credits!
Check out our reveal blog to see how your new Kitchen will transform you into a master chef, and how youíll be using the Mystery Journal interface to figure out what happened.
Start the Quest by speaking to Aster in the Town Hall at Fort Forinthry. All you'll need to get stuck in is to have your Fort to Tier 1 - if you haven't already built it, it's a quick and easy process only requiring 30 Construction to complete! If you're one of those people with building Fort Forinthry still on your to do list, head to the quest portal in Varrock Palace and complete the New Foundations Quest to get started.
We've seen the light...
Mod Blkwitch continues their quest to illuminate Gielinorís dark spots, which has so far included stunning enhancements to the Ripper Demon Cave and Stronghold of Player Safety! This week adds updates to the Baxtorian Waterfall, Mourner Tunnels and Temple of Light, among others. Let there be light!
We Want Your Feedback!
We've recently been talking about our desire to put more attention into fixing bugs or making tweaks based on what's top of mind for you in a more timely fashion than we're able to do today.
This is something we're working towards as a week-to-week improvement for RuneScape - but the reality of shifting our development process to be better at this will take time (we like to think of it as learning to Crawl before we Walk and then Run). While we improve our processes to better track and act on your feedback in our regular development, we wanted to take a more immediate step in this direction in the short term with something we're calling the Community Hitlist.
The Community Hitlist is a development project - around the size of a usual Ninja Strike - where we want to address the most burning tweaks and bug fixes in the community to get into the game as soon as possible. We're asking any interested players to submit their suggestions so we can gather up the most popular proposals and address them in a dedicated update in the next few months.
Find out more here and submit your feedback before the survey closes at 11:59pm Game Time on Monday.
We also want to say a massive thank you for the detailed constructive feedback so many of you provided about the proposed FSOA/Animate Dead changes and the upcoming Comp Cape changes. The team are already taking onboard all the feedback to guide our next steps - look for more updates over the next four weeks on both topics.
Crowning the Golden Gnome winners for 2022
Wednesday March 22nd | 17:00 Game Time | Designing Runescape: How Much Do J-Mods Actually Know About The Game?
Lead Designer Mod Jack discusses the disconnect between the ways developers and players look at RuneScape - and what that means for game design. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape
Friday March 24th | 17:00 Game Time | Golden Gnomes
The votes have been cast - now all there is left to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show as we announce your Golden Gnomes winners! Watch all the action and triumph live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape
Treasure Hunter Calendar
From the Hall of Heralds to the Vault of Riches
Starts March 16th | Ends March 22nd | Hall of Heralds
Step into the Hall of Heralds, assemble crests and obtain marvelous prizes - including the new Herald's outfit!
Starts March 23rd | Ends March 27th | Vault of Riches
The Vault of Riches is set to open once more, and this time you'll be able to pick yourself up some very snazzy suits. Collect the Emerald, Ruby and Diamond suits to unlock the most dapper of them all - the Gold Suit!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- The Temple of Light now lives up to its namesake - the lighting has returned to its former glory!
- The lighting in the Meiyerditch area has also been improved, revealing clearer progression paths.
- Adjusted the lighting in the Orthen Moksha Ritual Site for better visibility.
- Lighting in the Empyrean Citadel has been rebalanced.
- The Orthen Observation Area has been improved, giving a clearer path.
- Aminishi Seiryu Arena has been brighten to allow the player to see more of this vast and detailed location.
- Updated the lighting in the Chaos Tunnels.
- Adjusted the lighting to be less dark in various houses at Yanille.
- The lighting inside Fenkenstrain's Castle has been improved.
- Adjusted the ambient lighting and graphically updated the terrain material in the Stronghold of Player Safety Dungeon.
- The lighting in the Edgeville's Bank area has been improved.
- The lighting inside the Dorgesh-Kaan area has been re-adjusted.
- The lighting outside the Rex Matriarchs boss area has been adjusted.
- Fixed some minor graphical issues in Senntisten Cathedral and its Plaza such as:
- Removing roofs when entering a building.
- Fixing an issue where player could clip through textures.
- Adding some of the missing textures.
- Visually updated waterfalls at Baxtorian Falls, Isla Anglerine, south-east Karamja, and Ashdale's smuggler caves.
- Graphically updated Moia in Dishonour Among Thieves to use her newest model, substituting animations that only worked with her older model with those available from her current rig (for example, since she doesn't have a looped kneeling animation, Moia now teleports away just before the remaining crew kneel before Zamorak).
- Players can no longer see the 2nd floor of the Black Arm Gang Hideout from the ground level.
- Assets from the first floor of the Jolly Boar Inn should no longer be visible when certain 'Remove Roofs' options are selected.
- Textures of Oo'glog Spa Pools have been updated so they don't have any gaps between textures and shouldn't cause any flickering effects.
- The Desperate Creatures and Sins of the Father quests now appear under the World Guardian sorting category in the Quest List.
- Renamed some 'Talk about "Lore Hunter"' dialogues to 'Talk about "Desperate Creatures".'
- The Curator has moved back to the starting location for Desperate Creatures, north of the Burthorpe lodestone.
- A typo in the last cutscene of the Civil War II miniquest has been fixed.
- Ariane now has appropriate post-quest dialogue when Extinction is complete.
- Corrected an edge case in the Murder Mystery quest that was preventing a player from retrieving the red/green/blue thread from a window associated with their assigned murderer.
- Retrieving thread from the Murder Mystery window now checks all inventories, not just Backpack and Bank, and its feedback messages now use infoboxes in case the player's chat window is closed.
- Reduced the duration until Idris spawns during the Regicide quest, to address a player report that Idris was not spawning.
- The Herald's Hat token, Herald's Jacket and Gloves token, Herald's Trousers and Boots token and Herald's Wand and Orb token can now be traded as intended on the Grand Exchange.
- Fixed an issue where multiple level-up notifications appeared for the same level in Dungeoneering.
- Players can now interact with the Rune Goldberg Machine without having to restart the client.
- Fixed an issue where favourited animals could be traded.
- Players can now downgrade more than 4,348 clues in one go.
- Players no longer get disconnected when feeding animals at the Manor Farm under certain circumstances.
- The delay after using the Dive ability has been removed.
- Corrected an issue that blocked the Skip Tutorial prompt on mobile for some players.
- The Dwarven Instinct aura will now tick off with time while the player is logged out.
- Dig Site specimen rocks are now easier to click on.
- Talking to Toltre Wolfgang no longer depletes Prayer points to 0.
- Fixed an issue where Winter Storage Scrolls sometimes dropped items on the ground due to a full Bank.
- Fixed an issue where players could clip through the stairs that led to the prison area inside the Zamorakian Undercity Dungeon.
- Boggoth's loot no longer drops on an inaccessible tile in the Shadow Reef Elite Dungeon.
- Fixed an issue where the accumulated XP wasn't displayed in the Runecrafting window.
- Fixed an issue where the same Rune could very rarely have a perfect score in more than 1 slot in the Rune Goldberg Machine minigame.
- The delay when upgrading Anachronia buildings on mobile devices has been removed.
- Fixed a misspelled word in Command Centre (Tier 3), unlocked in the construction skillguide.
- The music is now correctly muted when the 'globally muted' and/or 'music' options are toggled on when players log back in.
- The walkable area around the trees west of the Garden of Kharid has been improved.
The latest goings-on from our community
@YakkiRS continues their Ironman quest with some chill AOD and Bank clearouts.
@YepsRS asks, 'Are Crystal Keys worth doing in 2023?'
@NuzzNuzz goes over the recent changes to the Wilderness in insightful detail.
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday March 20th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
Nex - Angel Of Death
- Hosted by: Pippyspot & Boss Guild
- Date/Time: Friday March 24th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 88
- Location: God Wars Dungeon - Ancient Prison
- FC: Boss Guild
Mazcab Learner Raids
- Hosted by: Silence & ario, Boss School & Raid FC
- Date/Time: Sunday March 26th, 18:00 Game Time
- World: 71
- Location: Mazcab Entrance
- FC: Raid FC
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. Thereís sure to be something youíll enjoy!