We’re continuing down the community hitlist this week, with Zamorak updates and graphical enhancements to the dankest corners of Gielinor…
Community Hitlist Part Deux
Clap back at Zamorak
It's round two of our community-guided improvements, and this time we’ve turned the spotlight on the Zamorak encounter! Changes include a drastic reduction to the amount of Undercity runs you need to access him - from 25 to just one run. Zammy won't know what hit him... Also, check out how vibrant he looks after last week’s Specular Update.
It's not all about him though - other changes include an update to the functionality of Rune Essence Pouches, keeping potions and familiars on death and you can now store stone spirits in your ore box! Check out the Patch Notes further down for the extensive full list.
November Area Graphical Update : Dungeons & Sewers
Visuals you can smell!
Next up for the graphical rework - the Dungeons and Sewers of Edgeville, Varrock and Pollnivneach! The dusty dungeons and subterranean sewers of Gielinor may not be the most glamorous locales, but they deserve a fresh lick of paint too. Still wouldn't want to get lost in them though...
Check out these fabulously festering locations today!
New Premier Perks packages
Premier Membership rewards have been refreshed for the next year, and all the new goodies are available from today! All the usual benefits are included, from 100 extra Bank Spaces to Vault Access, the Premier Artefact and of course, a brand new cosmetic outfit and pet:
This year, we've got two new Premier Add-on bundles. These are 1 month or 6 month recurring bundles that activate the Premier status on your account, but do not come with additional Membership - enabling you to keep your preferred Membership format and access Premier perks.
Our 12 Month Premier Membership offer still includes Membership and all Perks, and it remains the best value up to a whopping 45% cheaper then subscribing monthly! Check out our recent Premier Blog to find out more.
Rest of the Year Calender
Everything still to come in 2023
Want to know how the rest of 2023 is shaping up? Check out our recent blog for the schedule between now and the new year. If you're in-game right now, you could even visit our dedicated area in Burthorpe, where we’re highlighting key releases coming before the end of this year!
Upcoming highlights include Vorkath, the Battle for Forinthry, the Vorkath Hunt: Guard and Lantern shard event and the Christmas Village - look out for more detailed blogs on these in the near future!
Black Friday Sales
Bank Boosters and Necromancy Founder Pack offers!
Bank feeling a little full? Need to get your hands on a dashing new cape to complete your Necromancy fashionscape? You're in luck. This Black Friday we are having some extra sales on Bank Boosters and the Necromancy Founder Pack!
Large Bank Booster - Sale Price 3 Bonds / Original Price 7 Bonds
- 5x Bank Boosters that provide 50 spaces each, for a total of 250 more Bank Spaces.
- Available from November 17th to 24th.
This is the same booster bundle already available in game, but at a massively discounted price. If you've already purchase this bundle you won't be able to purchase it again.
New: Bank Bundle - 1 Bond for Members / 2 Bonds for free-to-play
- 50 Bank spaces
- 3 bank presets
- Available from November 17th to 24th.
This brand new bundle adds 50 Bank spaces - bringing the cap even higher - plus three brand new Bank presets to play around with!
Necromancy Founder Pack
- Death Shroud Cape
- River of Souls Aura
- Solace - Companion pet
- Three Titles:
- Citizen of Um
- Friend of the Dead
- Herald of Harold
- One month of Membership
- Available from November 13th to 24th.
*Founder Pack + 1 Month Membership bundle for non-members only. This is a recurring Membership package. Subscription will renew automatically at $12.49 / Ł8.99 / €10.99. See the Cancel Subscription Support Page for how to cancel.
FashionScape Halloween Contest Winners
The fantastic folks over at FashionScapers ran a Halloween fashion contest for spooky season - here are you top ten outfits, showcased in no particular order as they are all frighteningly fabulous!
Wednesday November 15th | 17:00 Game Time | Vorkath: Battle of Forinthry
Join Mods Doom, Shogun and Dragon as they give a first look into the upcoming Boss battle!. Watch the show live at Twitch.TV/RuneScape.
Treasure Hunter Calendar
What's up next?
Starts November 9th | Ends November 15th | Foresight to Train
It's time to train - but this time with extra foresight!
Starts November 16th | Ends November 20th | Gemfall
Gemfall returns with multipliers galore! Open chests with multipliers, while keeping an eye out for those Gemfalls filled with extra prizes.
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Clickboxes have been reduced on the Runes in phase seven of the Zamorak fight.
- Infernal Runes will no longer explode on contact in phase seven if you defeated him during Infernal Tomb.
- Last Used Enrage option has been added to the Zamorak encounter list.
- The number of runs through the Zamorakian Undercity required to unlock direct access to Zamorak has been reduced from 25 to just 1.
- Resolved an issue with reflected damage causing locks on Zamorak.
- Fixed issues with the extra action button in the Zamorak lord of chaos boss fight
- Added a small cooldown to prevent spam teleporting as this would prevent players from teleporting back to their original coordinates.
- Added a fix to prevent Zamorak’s Infernal Tomb attack from teleporting the player if they were already in Infernus.
- Fixed an issue where Zamorak could sneak an attack out if pre-stunned during the Infernal Tomb special attack.
- Rune Essence Pouches now autofill in presets that contain a type of Essence that they can fill with.
- When this is triggered, the Runecrafting Ethereal Outfit will also try to fill.
- Added a swap for the two types of Massive Pouch (active and inactive) to the preset function, so that they swap if you have a preset of one type but only have the other type.
- The Grand Exchange search bar will now reset after confirming the buy offer.
- Familiars no longer despawn on death.
- Persistent potion effects (e.g. overloads) no longer clear on death.
- The Clan XP boost buff icon tooltip now shows the duration remaining.
- The spawn location of the enriched memory has been moved in the incandescent colony.
- To help with interacting with these memories while the area is incredibly busy we have shifted the spawn location, we will be monitoring the outcome of this change.
- T92 Elite Sirenic/Tectonic now degrades to a broken state, instead of degrading to dust.
- Nulodion, the Dwarf at the entrance to the Dwarven Mine, has moved next to the cannon display and will no longer roam.
- You can now store Stone Spirits in the Orebox.
- Kal'gerion Demon familiar improvements:
- The scroll effect will now apply to other players around both the Kal'gerion Demon and the player.
- The scrolls can now be auto-fired.
- Note: They will only trigger while in combat, and the 'Kal'gerion Roar' buff is not already active
- Imbuing Urns with Staves no longer requires a Rune in your Inventory.
- Edgeville Dungeon, Varrock Sewers, and the Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon have all received graphical updates.
- Logout timer is increased by five minutes for all players with Membership.
- Release date filtering is no longer out by one day in the wardrobe.
- Fixed a bug preventing you from starting Hermy and Bass if you have received drumsticks before the quest.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Miss Misty
- Date/Time: Wednesday November 15th, 20:00 Game Time
- World: 60
- Location: Edgeville Bank
- FC: Miss Misty
- Hosted by: Jamiely, RuneScape Discord Mentors & Fast SC
- Date/Time: Saturday November 18th, 19:00 Game Time
- World: 99
- Location: Gamer's Grotto
- FC: Fast Sc
- Hosted by: M e r c y & Dung Titan
- Date/Time: Saturday November 18th, 13:00 Game Time
- World: 35
- Location: Exiled Kalphite Hive
- FC: Dung Titan
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!
Corehunting Friends Chat
CoreHunting is a group that trains divination in the Hall of Memories. They can explain how the Halls works and help optimize the use of core memory fragments, scouting worlds to maximize those gains. Their goal is to make divination faster and more enjoyable, providing a healthy environment to train it in.
Want to get involved? The group will be hosting several Core Parties during DXP! Our ranks in the Corehunting FC have collected cores for months - 7,000+ core memory fragments will be used, and the center core spawn will open non-stop! Join up with them to for some epic Divination XP!
Event Date/Times (all Game Time):
- November 13th: 18:00 - 20:59
- November 14th: 18:00 - 20:59
- November 15th: 18:00 - 20:59
- November 16th: 18:00 - 20:59
- November 17th: 12:00 - 19:59
- November 18th 12:00 - 19:59
- November 19th 12:00 - 19:59
Find a time that suits you and join them as the Hall of Memories on World 9. Join the FC 'Corehunting' for more info and check out their Discord!