Anachronia gets a skilling update this week, and Vic the Trader is back in Burthorpe! Plus, we’ve got Kickstarter dates for the RuneScape boardgame – and that all-important box art reveal...
Skilling Update: Fletching & Firemaking
High level skilling leads to best-in-slot arrows!
This update brings new training methods for a couple of under-served skills. Firemaking and Fletching, it’s your time to shine!
The action takes place down on Anachronia Farm, where Prehistoric Potterington is embarking on a new project to rustle up high-yield fertiliser. She’s making use of the area’s stinkiest (and most distressingly abundant) resource: huge dollops of fragrant dinosaur doo-doo!
Hold your nose to hit the new training stations and you could score some fantastic fletching components and lots of lovely XP. Plus, you’ll have the chance to create best-in-slot T95 arrows and imbue them in one of four ways, making awesome Elder God Arrows with specific combat effects. It’s the perfect preparation for the upcoming T95 Bow, arriving with the fifth Elder God boss this summer!
To get started, visit Prehistoric Potterington and ask her about zygomites to begin this update's tutorial. You’ll need the following:
- At least 82 Fletching or Firemaking (95 is required to engage with all of the content).
- Completion of Elder God Wars: Extinction
Anachronia is a members-only area, so make sure your subscription is up to date!
Vic The Trader Returns
Turn excess XP into goodies!
Vic The Trader is back in Burthorpe for two weeks from May 3rd! Trade your Bonus XP for XP lamps, skilling outfits and other goodies.
It's an easy way to stock up on essentials, so be sure to visit Vic before he leaves Burthorpe on May 16th!
RuneScape Kingdoms Kickstarter Date
Plus the box art reveal and a new mini!
Excited for the upcoming RuneScape boardgame from our partners at Steamforged? Well get your diaries out, because they’ve just announced that it's coming to Kickstarter on May 31st!
Steamforged’s Kickstarter will only be live for 10 days, so be sure to follow the campaign or you might miss out…
And if that's not enough, Steamforged are also revealing another mini! Last week we got a first look at the knight and the wizard, plus the mighty Elvarg herself. Today, we say hello to the skiller! Check 'em out:
Want to find out more? Head to our announcement blog here for more info, or check out the weekly blogs from Steamforged as they build up to the Kickstarter.
Want to back the game on Kickstarter? Follow the campaign here so you're ready for launch.
New Membership & Shop Price Changes
Changes take place May 4, 2022 at 00:00 UTC
As a reminder, on May 4, 2022, subscription prices will be changing for new members and those who’ve been unsubscribed for more than 14 days.
If you're a member and don't lapse out for more than 14 days, you're eligible to keep your current rate of Membership. Make sure you subscribe before May 4th to secure access to all of our members' content at current prices.
Prices for RuneScape Shop Items and Services will also be changing. Bonds can still be used to enjoy all paid elements in our games purely through playtime.
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Wednesday May 4th | 17:00 Game Time | Let's Play: New Firemaking and Fletching Skilling
Join our J-Mods as they muck around with dino doo-doo and discuss the latest update!
See you on Twitch!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- A graphics option has been added to show a default player model in crowded areas. This will improve performance in highly populated areas. The ultra setting always shows all player models as normal.
- You are not able to craft more Vulnerability Bombs after dropping any of the required items during crafting process.
- Runes are deducted correctly when the Rune Pouch is in the quiver slot.
- Runes are deducted correctly when using the Wicked Pouch.
- Added the option to teleport to the surface entrance of Senntsiten on the Pontifex Shadow Ring, allowing faster access to the quest instance.
- Fixed an issue where leaving Senntisten would show the 'You abandon the siege engine' message.
- Fixed an issue causing Vincendithas' chathead to shrink after choosing the additional rewards dialogue option.
- Sir Owen's armaments at the Glacor front are no longer beset by a terrible affliction.
- You can no longer teleport out of the Rise of the Six boss fight with Malevolent Energy in your inventory.
- Fixed an issue that could cause blocked progress in the sixth cavern of the Myths of the White Lands quest.
- Fixed an issue causing the Firebox to use more protean logs than intended during the Swan Song quest.
- Fixed a missing conversation option with Zaida which is required for the 'Clued-up' achievement.
- 'Charge bar' interface does not close at random while it is open.
- Fixed an issue causing dead taps in the area where the mini map was hidden.
- Fixed an issue with the Right Action Buttons setting when toggled on that would cause some interfaces to not update in real time or to overlap with 'child' windows.
The latest goings-on from our community
An assortment of awesome art from our lovely community!
u/JulianGyllene showing how it must have felt to see a member logging in on a f2p world (colourized 2005)
u/AznAviatrix finally got their Raksha pet - and to celebrate made the most adorable Shadow Colossus we have ever seen!
@Yarebear once again knocks it out of the park with this wonderful illustration of the World Guardian's return post-Extinction!
@Prezleek showing why you don't want to get on the wrong side of a God...
u/1to99Artscape kicks off a little Zamorak showcase with this imposing beauty!
@Legend_Arts crafted a beautiful image of a God deep in thought. Enthralling.
And finally our very own @JagexBlkwitch has created this absolutely blessed/cursed take on 'Venus in a Landscape'!
Pink Skirts Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
- Hosted by: Silence & Boss School
- Date/Time: Saturday May 7th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 36
- Location: Mazcab
- FC: Boss School
Town Square Q&A
- Hosted by: Princess Rae
- Date/Time: Saturday May 7th, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 3
- Location: Varrock West Bank
- FC: Nexaodmass
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!