This week in RuneScape, we’re making a Fresh Start!
Fresh Start Worlds
Rediscover RuneScape Together
Fresh Start Worlds launches on September 26th at 12:00 Game Time!
Fresh Start Worlds is a special, time-limited game mode where everyone can re-experience the magic of RuneScape on equal footing! You’ll get to start a completely new adventure with a fresh character, enjoy gameplay bonuses like accelerated XP rates, and earn fantastic rewards. The best part is, you can bring all your progression and drops back to the main game, whenever you choose!*
Whether you’ve been waiting for the right moment to return to RuneScape, or are trying the game for the first time, Fresh Start Worlds is the perfect way to start!
To begin, you’ll need a new account with Membership – perfect for those of you looking to dip your toes into the game! If you’re an existing player looking to get involved, we also announced a bunch of changes last month based on your feedback – including a new feature which lets you use Bonds to pay for Membership on your Fresh Start Worlds account! Read all about it here.
For weeks one and two of the event, we’ll be setting the accelerated XP rate to 1.5x. For the six weeks following, we’ll be gradually increasing the XP rate to a peak of 2.5x – so keep an eye out for those changes as they happen!
Need more info? Head here for full details!
Getting Started with Fresh Start Worlds
Play In 4 Quick Steps
First things first, you’ll need to use the link above to create a brand-new RuneScape account. You cannot use an existing account to play Fresh Start Worlds.
If you have an existing account, you'll need to use a different email for your new one. We recommend firing up a free email service (like Gmail) for your new account.
2. Add Membership to your new account
Check out Membership Packages here. Existing players can also convert Bonds into Membership Passcodes for use in Fresh Start Worlds. Find out how here. If you've converted a Bond, you can redeem your FSW Passcode here.
3. Download the RuneScape Client
4. Log In and Select 'Fresh Start Worlds'
Make sure not to play your new account in any other mode or you won’t have this option!
Support and Guidance
Whether you’re a total newbie or a returning player, there’s loads of support out there to help you get to grips with RuneScape. Here's a few recommendations to get you started.
- RuneScape Wiki: Packed full of guides, including ones specifically tailored towards Fresh Start Worlds returners!
- Our Official Discord: Helpful players who can respond in real time. Check out our dedicated #FSW channels when you arrive.
Need more detailed support? Our FAQ has all the answers.
On behalf of everyone on the RuneScape team, welcome (back!) to RuneScape - we're so excited to start this fresh adventure with you!
*Note: Fresh Start Worlds launches September 26th at 12:00 Game Time and ends January 9th at 12:00 Game Time. Your account will be automatically transferred from Fresh Start Worlds once the event expires. Fresh Start Worlds characters cannot return to the Fresh Start Worlds event once they are transferred to the main game.
World's First Race
Who will be the best of Fresh Start Worlds?
One of the most exciting things about Fresh Start Worlds is that they usher in a brand-new set of HiScores – which means that everyone has a chance to make RuneScape history!
We want to recognise these legendary players, which is why we’ve introduced the tradeable Competitive Halo.
This very limited Gold Halo reward is exclusive to players who achieve the following feats by the end of the Competitive Phase:
- First to 99 in each skill
- First to 120 in each skill
- First to earn the Quest Cape
- First to earn the Max Cape
Players who gain these substantial achievements can expect their Gold Halo immediately, but for those prepared to play the long game, Gold Halos will also be awarded at the end of the Competitive Phase to anyone who reached the following HiScore milestones:
- Top 100 for each skill
To be in with a chance at this coveted prize, all you need to do is play Fresh Start Worlds and climb those HiScores! You can check how you’re doing here.
The Competitive Phase ends on November 7th at 12:00 Game Time. At that moment, we’ll receive a snapshot of the HiScores, and the top 100 in each skill will be awarded their Halos in the following days.
Note that the leaderboard will continue to be updated after this date, but only HiScores registered during the Competitive Phase will count towards the prize.
You’ll be able to watch along with the race for World Firsts on Twitch, including our own stream, which goes live later today.
What’s coming next?
Last week our very own Mod Keeper dropped in to share some insight about current developments. There’s loads of cool content on the way, including a new skill (!) and further updates to the Legacy of Zamorak storyline, starting with Wilderness Events in October.
News and fun, live from the J-Mod team
Monday September 26th | 15:30 Game Time | Fresh Start Worlds: Day One Racing and Experiences
Join the team as we hop around Twitch to follow those starting-fresh adventures… and see who's racing for those World Firsts!
See you on Twitch!
Represent Varrock with the Cities of RuneScape range!
Get ready to relive your earliest visits to Misthalin with the first of a two-part pin and keyring set celebrating the iconic city of Varrock!
First up, we have the Limited Edition Grey Stray Dog Pin. It’s about time he got a forever home, isn’t it?
Next, meet the Varrock Starter Pack Mini Pin Set, including the Grand Exchange Icon, a Kitten from Gertrude, Rune Essence, a Cadava Potion, and your very own Digsite Pendant.
No visit to Varrock is complete without a trip to the Blue Moon Inn, and now you can bring the party home with a functioning Blue Moon Bottle Opener Keyring!
Last up, we have the Champion’s Cape Keyring. Let Misthalin’s most prestigious guild watch over your keys!
See the rest of the Angels Scapes Cities of RuneScape range on the Official Merch Store!
Fixes and improvements in this week's game update
- Reaching 120 Archaeology will now trigger a broadcast.
- ‘The Loser’ title will now correctly unlock for eligible accounts upon login.
- The Wilderness Threat Level now correctly displays on mobile devices.
- Wilderness entry points at Burthorpe now consistently display the Wilderness Entry warning.
- Certain dragonstone dragons have had their loot table adjusted in line with their more lucrative brethren.
- Players are no longer able to use movement abilities during the 'Shifting Tomb' countdown – although they can of course be used once the countdown ends.
- Players are no longer able to use defensive Prayers while the Prayer debuff is active.
- Removed a force-walk tile near Murky Matt in the Grand Exchange.
- Players are now unable to place Cannons at the Grand Exchange, and a notification will explain why this action is not possible.
- Animate Dead can now only be used by members on members’ worlds.
- Chomper will now once again follow the player after having a conversation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some keepsaked Capes from being equipped.
- Fixed an issue that caused familiar overrides to display an incorrect variant of the skilling pet.
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to summon pets after logging in with an active Elvie pet on a free-to-play world.
- Fixed an issue which prevented players from converting Protean Logs into Planks at the sawmill.
- Fixed a typo on the Infernal Puzzle Box.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Wardrobe preview to render incorrectly if the user rotated the camera view or applied a cosmetic.
- Fixed an issue which caused the Invention Pouch icon to be highlighted when players added currencies to the Currency Pouch.
The latest goings-on from our community
Pink Skirts Player Events
Each week the Pink Skirts put on a selection of fun activities that everyone can join. Here are the main events this week:
Corporeal Beast Boss Mass
- Hosted by: Patrick K & Clackworthy
- Date/Time: Monday September 26th, 19:00 Gametime
- World: 123
- Location: Corporeal Beast Lair
- FC: Patrick K
Vindicta Boss Mass
- Hosted by: Pur & Branndon
- Date/Time: Tuesday 27th September, 23:00 Gametime
- World: 22
- Location: The Heart of Gielinor - Vindicta Lobby
- FC: Pur
Mazcab Learner Raids
- Hosted by: ario, Silence, Raid FC, and Boss School
- Date/Time: Saturday October 1st, 18:30 Gametime
- World: 71
- Location: Mazcab Raid Entrance
- FC: Raid FC
If these don't take your fancy, take a look at the full events schedule here. There’s sure to be something you’ll enjoy!